Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

7.3 rough idle

3K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  blackdog1960les 
#1 ·
I have a 1995 f250 with a 7.3 powerstroke, --- it starts very easy and runs and drives good, --- it does have one problem --- it starts fast and easy, but two seconds after it starts it gets a miss or rough idle that lasts for about three seconds ( I can count to 3 ) -- and it goes away and it runs smooth and perfect -- it does not hurt anything,but I don't like it -- and it does it every time it starts ( cold or hot ) --- with all the diesel mech. out there I would think that some one would know what causes this ? :confused:

#2 ·
sounds normal for some tired injectors or a real cold start... how many miles?

#3 ·
it has 240,000 miles --- I can drive the truck all day and shut the truck off --- then restart the truck one second later --- and it will do it -- run rough for about three seconds, and then perfect --- it does it every time --it has done it since I bought it two years ago -- could the icp sensor cause this ??

#4 · (Edited)
Last weekend I worked my *** off putting all 4 ball joints - 4 tie rod ends and 2 axle u-joints and 4 shocks --- the truck is still a good looking truck -- I want to fix this little quirq ? --- In 2-3 months I want to sell the truck --- and with the money I have now to put with it I want to get a 2002 or a 2003 as long as it's a 7.3

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.