Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

new to the diesel world

1K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  mxc 
#1 ·
im new to the diesel world just bought an 03 f-350 with the 7.3 just wanted to know if theres anything i should keep an eye out for or any common problems that come about around 110k im tryin to weed out any problems before my 30 day warranty runs out any little bit will help guys thanks alot

#2 ·
Welcome to the org.! :thumb:

7.3s never give problems! :woot:

Most things that do happen are minor and easy enough to fix. Does it seem to perform well? Any major oil leaks?

Enjoy it! They are pretty tuff trucks. :thumb:

#5 ·
yea she seems to perform awesome rides great shifts great and everything the only leak i saw was the crank seal but thats gettin takin care of i dont know when the fluids were changed but im a mechanic so im going to service everything myself shortly thanks alot guys ill try to get some pictures up its nothing special but boy is it clean for bein 8 years old in upstate ny

#6 ·
still pretty new to the diesel world im learning slowly im starting my maintenance cycle i got the oil changed used rotella triple protection 15w40 how long should i run that? and was wondering what all else needs to be serviced and or replaced got around 115k on the truck 03 f350 7.3 any insight would be great

#7 ·
:ORG welcome:

#8 ·
take a look at your coolant, i'd flush it if you don't know the last time it was done. also do your fuel filters, trans fluid, and maybe even the diff/transfercase fluid. the 7.3s sure are strong, we have a e350 at work with over 700K on it, runs like a champ.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.