Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

No pedal Responce 2004 6.0

897 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  tommy curtiss 
#1 ·
I am a new member hoping for some help and from reading the post, I can tell their are some really intellegent people here,so I hope they can help me!

I have a 2004 6.0 F250 crew cab, it started the otther day when it started with slugish pedal responce,,so I just thought it was time to replace the fuel filter,but I did this about 6000 miles ago,,but i replaced it anyways,$50 bucks is a cheap first fix,,,it ran good for about 3 blocks till I got to the gas station and put $50 in the tank and started it back up,,no pedal responce,,now I worked at a company in Ft.Worth where we had about 75 powerstrokes running up and down the road daily and when they would start them and got " the gass pedal don't work" on the phone,,one of us would carry them a new pedal (throddle positioning sensor) out,change out the pedal,,and the truck would take off and problem solved,,(I kept 2 in my office at all times),,

So I went to the local Ford dealer and got a new "gas pedal" and installed it,ran great yesterday evening and started right up this morning,,but on the way to work,I had to stop at a stop sign, and when pulling off, the pedal was dead,,truck just sat there idiling,,I got it to roll into a drive way out of traffic,,cut it off and restarted it 4 times and the pedal started responding again,,backed it out, and continued to work,,when I got to the parking lot,I killed it and restarted the engine and the pedal had no responce again,,,I am pulling my hair out!!!!

sorry for the long first post,,but at $172.50 for a new pedal,(used to be 30.00) this could be expensive!!!!

Thank you in-advance for your time and knowledge,,,Tommy

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.