Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

intermitant battery light

766 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  psd_va 
#1 ·
I changed my batteries with interstates mega tron less than2 years ago. they had to replace one already due to dead cells. I put an aftermarket alternator on last month and rechecked everything, was charging normal. light came back on last week then went back off. came on again last night then went back off. I'm only getting 14.1v @ idle without loads, and the same @ 2000rpm. to me this seems low, anybody have any ideas? i checked for broken wires in harness and found none.

#2 ·
not sure if it helps but i had a issue with intermitant battery light last year noticed that it was fine most of time but any acceleration that got over 3000rpms than my battey light would come on but other than that i had no issues. turned out it was a bad alternator and i had just put that one on i mean it didnt even have 2 miles on it. so just cause any thing you replaced is new dosen't mean it is good.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.