Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Need some professional advice!

762 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Bad Night 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey guys, I just did the DieselSite Coolant Filter about 2 months ago. I live in MN and really havent warmed truck up enough to get to full operating temp until last 2 weeks or so. I opened hood last week and noticed some coolant spray around Degas bottle. I know this can be a sign of head gaskets or bad egr cooler, but I am having a hard time believing either one of these is prob. as truck only has 29000 miles on it and has no other symptoms.

ECT and EOT within 8 degrees and no other symptoms of probs.
I refilled Coolant and have been putting my foot down frequently last few days and havent seen a repeat.

Is it possible I had a large air bubble in system and when t-stadt opened up it pushed coolant out?

06' F350 Dieselsite Coolant Filter, high idle mod, Edge juice Platinum with Attitude.

#2 ·
Hey guys, I just did the DieselSite Coolant Filter about 2 months ago. I live in MN and really havent warmed truck up enough to get to full operating temp until last 2 weeks or so. I opened hood last week and noticed some coolant spray around Degas bottle. I know this can be a sign of head gaskets or bad egr cooler, but I am having a hard time believing either one of these is prob. as truck only has 29000 miles on it and has no other symptoms.

ECT and EOT within 8 degrees and no other symptoms of probs.
I refilled Coolant and have been putting my foot down frequently last few days and havent seen a repeat.

Is it possible I had a large air bubble in system and when t-stadt opened up it pushed coolant out?
You may have overfilled or had an air pocket . Run the truck hard , open degas and look for air bubbles (another sign of blown head gaskets or lifting heads)

#3 ·
I will give that a try when im back at home!

I did look at the degas a couple weeks ago after I had driven it with engine still running and noticed it looked like coolant was circulating in bottle. Normal I hope!

Thanks again

Jim

#4 ·
I did look at the degas a couple weeks ago after I had driven it with engine still running and noticed it looked like coolant was circulating in bottle. Normal I hope!

Thanks again

Jim
Yes , that is normal . Look for bubbles after you shut it off .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.