Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1999 7.3 huh-oh!

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Errick NDA 
#1 ·
I have a '99 f-350, my first 7.3. I thought I had a bad injector and just found out ALL my injectors on the right bank are not working. Not sure where to start......computer? I can unplug the injector harness at the valve cover for the passenger side, no change. If I unplug the harness on the drivers side, the truk dies. HELP!!!! My check engine light came on recently, the engine started missing, and I lost power. Can anyone tell me where to start?

#2 ·
I would unplug the harness from the valve cover gasket and test it there (I dont know exactly what to test, I think its testing resistance from the plug to the IDM plug.) A buzz test would also help if you have access to a scan tool.

If that checks out then pull the valve covers and check the UVCH clip.

Note that sometimes these trucks will fry the plugs when the UVCH clip comes out. So check the valve cover gasket plug where it comes outside of the valve covers, as well as the plug that connector connects to. They should not have any melted or discolored areas.

We cant really help out too much more without some more diagnostic info, like what the codes are and what you find when looking at the above stuff.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.