Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

6.0 missing in top gear?

975 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  Sominator 
#1 ·
Hi there,

I have an 05 6.0 that feels like it is missing some times when in OD with the torque converter locked. Sometimes it shakes really bad and then the problem smooths out. I'm thinking a bad injector(s) EGR? I have no codes coming up even when I unplugged the EGR valve. I've done all the filters and there didn't seen to be any excessive debris. Truck has approx 180 Miles but has an unknown history as it came from an auction. Runnig Rotella 5W40 and motorcraft filters.

I also have had a couple of situations when pulling away from a stop there is no power and black smoke, then the turbo spools up and everything is fine.

This morning I had a strange event where the boost dropped to zero when cruising down the highway. A restart fixed the problem (for now) I normally have aboud 10 psi of boost when running 70-75 mph..is this normal?

Not sure is the above items are related or separate problems but wanted to paint a full picture of what is going on. Any help is appreciated.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.