Hey everyone, looking for some assistance... - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Delaware Members For Delaware Powerstroke.org Members

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2011, 03:10 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Talking Hey everyone, looking for some assistance...

Installing a 4" Downpipe on my truck. already have everything out and mostly in, just need a second person to help fit the two pieces togethor and help me get things lined up. Got a buddy of mine coming over tomorrow, but he says he's not too mechanically inclined. so....if i cant get it with his help, hoping someone else would be willing to jump in... drinks, food and b/s provided of course
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-04-2011, 03:13 PM
Illiana Chapter Director

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonAmericanBulldog View Post
Installing a 4" Downpipe on my truck. already have everything out and mostly in, just need a second person to help fit the two pieces togethor and help me get things lined up. Got a buddy of mine coming over tomorrow, but he says he's not too mechanically inclined. so....if i cant get it with his help, hoping someone else would be willing to jump in... drinks, food and b/s provided of course
Loosely clamp the upper section to the turbo and then you can slide the bottom section on by yourself.
Old 04-04-2011, 03:51 PM

been trying, but gonna need some extra persuasion from someone on the bottom or with smaller arms and hands, been unable to get the right angle for it to fit flush so i can get the turbo v-clamp on....i dont like leaving things unfinished so i will probably lose sleep over it, by doing it over and over in my head trying to wrap my brain around it....need to get it done, supposed to be dropping my RanchHand bumper off later on this week to get sand/media blasted and refinished with spray-on bedliner
Old 04-04-2011, 04:12 PM
Banned

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via Skype™ to ToMang07
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonAmericanBulldog View Post
been trying, but gonna need some extra persuasion from someone on the bottom or with smaller arms and hands, been unable to get the right angle for it to fit flush so i can get the turbo v-clamp on....i dont like leaving things unfinished so i will probably lose sleep over it, by doing it over and over in my head trying to wrap my brain around it....need to get it done, supposed to be dropping my RanchHand bumper off later on this week to get sand/media blasted and refinished with spray-on bedliner
Yeah, you really need a second set of hands. I had my mechanic help me b/c he has a lift, lol. He cut the stocker off, got under and passed up the down-pipe, I (with his help) aligned it while he led it from the bottom. Took me a bit to get the V-clamp on over BOTH pipes, but once I got it I tightened it well so you could move the pipe, but barely.

Words of advice, loosen the nut all the way on the V-band, its a royal PIA to reach up and under while trying to align everything AND slip the clamp into place. And PB Blaster is your FRIEND!
Old 04-05-2011, 03:03 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Still need a hand? Where in de?
Old 04-05-2011, 08:28 PM

upper Sussex Co., 15min from Harrington, 10min from Greenwood, 10-15min from Denton, MD....
Old 04-06-2011, 03:20 AM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I'm on a job in dover right now so if you still need a hand let me know.
Old 04-06-2011, 08:33 AM

ok, so i finally got it....took some improvising using some ratchet straps in different places making the exhaust go here and there to get the two pieces togethor, mainly pulling it all to the rear bumper...got them fitted, released strap, and it all popped togethor, tightend the band clamp on the DP and the bolts for the CAT.... NOW I have two questions:
(1)Is it possible to over tighten the nuts connecting the DP to the CAT? Was afraid to go to tight as I am notorious for over TQing and snapping nuts/bolts......
(2)Normal to have the "vaccum cleaner" sound in the cab from the larger DP when you let off the gas?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.