Just Released New Victor Reinz Head Gaskets - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Custom Diesel,Inc

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-11-2012, 10:17 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Just Released New Victor Reinz Head Gaskets

MAHLE Clevite Inc. has just introduced a newly designed 5 layer multi-layer steel head gasket as THE SOLUTION for your 6.0L and 6.4L Ford Powerstrokes needs. This new designed gasket features Black Diamond coating technology utilizing Victor Reinz fluoroelastomer (rubber) coating. This new coating imbeds into the mating surfaces, decreasing friction and ensuring an appropriate seal every time. These new gaskets have just been released and we have a shipment on the way due in at the end of the week. Get your pre-order in now to ensure that you get yours as soon as possible. Custom Diesel is the first company on the market to bring you these new gaskets and offer a Lowest Price Guarantee. They are available in both 18mm and 20mm dowel sizes. We also offer free shipping on these and all of our products. For more information or to place your order, follow the links below.
03-06 Mahle Black Diamond 18mm Head Gasket Set
06-07 Ford 6.0 Mahle Black Diamond 20mm Head Gasket Set
Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-11-2012, 10:19 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Eh... I don't think I will ever be trusting V/R gaskets on my truck...

JMO
Old 07-11-2012, 11:44 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

V/R has a bit of a bad rep. with the 6.0 head gaskets. They are aware of this and thus the new gaskets. Victor Reinz is one of the worlds largest aftermarket companies for sealing solutions. The new gaskets look very similar to the OEM FOMOCO gaskets.
Old 10-10-2012, 05:35 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Any update on this?
I just got my new longblock from Blackwater engines and it has these gaskets when I specifically told them I wanted OEM gaskets.
Old 10-12-2012, 07:59 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by creator View Post
Any update on this?
I just got my new longblock from Blackwater engines and it has these gaskets when I specifically told them I wanted OEM gaskets.
I have been running them on our Operation Blackout project truck since these gaskets become available. Flawless to date. I have also sold approx. two hundred sets and no returns...nothing but good news thus far. It is my understanding that V/R makes these for Ford and at some point, the Ford OEM gaskets will be these exact gaskets because the black coating on these is an update to the blue coating on the OE gaskets.
Old 10-23-2012, 02:02 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by creator View Post
Any update on this?
Just read your post over on FTE.

For those not on that site, his new head gaskets blew already.

Thanks, but I'll stick with OEM.
Old 10-23-2012, 02:33 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Why change something proven to be a reliable durable product??? (Referring to oem) ford actually got the gasket part right no need to change.
Old 10-24-2012, 09:08 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Yep leaking from the start.
Truck is stock - No Tuner.
Egr deleted
Brand new Oil Cooler

I think a big part of the problem though is that Blackwater coats their head gaskets in copper gasket spray. This no only defeats the supposedly better engineered "Black Diamond" coating on these Victor Reinz gaskets, but adds an additional thickness and inconsistent layer that has to then be compressed by the head studs. Any spec of sand, a blob of hard spray, even a hair getting stuck in the goop will compromise the chance of a good seal that much further. Modern head gaskets are engineered to be installed dry.

I'm looking for testimony from people with first hand experience on this gasket spray issue, as any warranty claim is going to depend on proving that the spay should never be used on a 6.0l head gasket. Anyone who works in the industry or installs/replaces gaskets regularly.
Old 10-24-2012, 09:09 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Yep leaking from the start.
Truck is stock - No Tuner.
Egr deleted
Brand new Oil Cooler

I think a big part of the problem though is that Blackwater coats their head gaskets in copper gasket spray. This not only defeats the supposedly better engineered "Black Diamond" coating on these Victor Reinz gaskets, but adds an additional thickness and inconsistent layer that has to then be compressed by the head studs. Any spec of sand, a blob of hard spray, even a hair getting stuck in the goop will compromise the chance of a good seal that much further. Modern head gaskets are engineered to be installed dry.

I'm looking for testimony from people with first hand experience on this gasket spray issue, as any warranty claim is going to depend on proving that the spay should never be used on a 6.0l head gasket. Anyone who works in the industry or installs/replaces gaskets regularly.
Old 05-20-2013, 08:14 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Head gaskets....too many choices..

I have my 2005 6.0 motor completely taken apart at 108,000 mi and have ordered reman heads(mine were both cracked). I got the Victor Reinz complete gasket set that included head gaskets because I had heard that Victor made the stock gaskets for Ford. I am basicly going to run stock except for the usual longevity mods, ARP studs, MBRP 4" turbo back, EGR delete, Oil cooler, coolant filter etc..In other words, I am not going to run extra boost, just the normal 18 to 20 psi max. Should I buy different head gaskets?The only difference I can see between the Victors and Ford is one is blue and one is black. Has anyone here had any problem with the regular Victors? Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.