LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old 02-01-2013, 07:51 AM Thread Starter
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Howdy from Keenesburg CO!

My wife and I just bought our first diesel 3 days ago. It's a two tone Blue 2006 F-350 6.0L SD XLT/FX4 SuperCab. It had 90,994 miles on it and looks almost brand new. I got an extended warranty on it only because I'm so new to diesels, should anything go wrong I'd be lost and out a lot of money. But, I am not new to working on gassers.

First mod is going to be an Edge CS monitor or Scangauge 2 and EGT. Just not sure where to go to get the EGT bung welded in or even know where in the exhaust it should be welded in to get the best/accurate temps. Can anybody recommend a good place north of Denver or in Greeley or Fort Morgan to get that done?

After the gauges then I'll change out all of the fluids. Then, with all of that out of the way I'll start with the perf mods.

I have to say that this thing is a joy to drive but needs just a tad more power.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 02-01-2013, 10:25 AM
Premium Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
welcome! one of the "real" members i'll fill you in more. And just be carefull this site i'll make you want to spend lots of $$ on stuff

What this nation needs is cleaner thoughts and dirtier fingernails...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 11 Old 02-01-2013, 11:08 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Thanks dannanw! Yeah, I've been trying to piece together just an Edge CS Monitor with EGT, Fuel Pressure, universal kit and the mounting hardware and holy schnikes! it's expensive. But, you gotta know what's going on with the engine.

By the way, just found a place down the road from me called Rockin' S Diesel in Fort Lupton. I may have to give them a call to see if they can help with the EGT install.
post #4 of 11 Old 02-01-2013, 12:36 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Welcome to the crew. EGT isn't a bung install but a drill and tap. Rocky is a pretty good guy. He did my BTS install and order.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

SOLD
Mods: BD-X monitor, 6637, BTS, GT38R, Snow MPGMax, International up-pipes, Hi-Flow Outlet, 5" Diamondeye, HPx, FRx, Gearhead tunes, Tru-Cool tranny cooler, Remote Start

376HP 791ft-lbs on 10.15.11
post #5 of 11 Old 02-01-2013, 12:56 PM
Cowgirl forever!!!

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Welcome to the org!!!

Jess

01 F350 Crew Cab 4x4 7.3 once again!!
MBRP 4'' Turbo Back and Chrome
05 Grille
Carolina Powerstroke Assocation member
LIFE IS TO SHORT SO RIDE A FAST HORSE!
post #6 of 11 Old 02-01-2013, 01:26 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7.3Lariat View Post
Welcome to the crew. EGT isn't a bung install but a drill and tap. Rocky is a pretty good guy. He did my BTS install and order.
Sweet! Drill and tap is much easier. I just found the Edge EGT install guide and it looks pretty straight forward so I may give this a go.

On a side note, I've had my Android Torque App for a long time and just found that there are Ford Powerstroke PID's for it. Hot damn! I'm going to get them set up now and then test it out tonight. This will certainly work in the interim until I can get something a little more permanent set up. I'm really curious as to how much my EOT and ECT are going to differ. Hopefully not much.

This site is Ah.....dict.....ting!!!
post #7 of 11 Old 02-03-2013, 11:54 AM
PROUD AMERICAN!!!

Mentioned: 64 Post(s)
Quoted: 728 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Welcome to the chapter!

2004 F250 CC Lariat 4x4

BPD FICM, BPD billet water pump, BPD VK688 oil cooler kit, S&B CAI, MTW stage 2, TSD tunes, Auto Meter gauges, Edge CTS, Sinister coolant filter, Blue spring, 6.4 banjo bolts, Straight piped w/ 6" single mitre stack, Pro Comp leveling kit, 05-07 HD headlights, Fumoto block drain valves, ELC, High idle mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmaguire View Post
I'm guessing that you didn't lose nearly as much as it appeared. Spills are like that. The last beer that I spilled was like a million ounces.
post #8 of 11 Old 02-04-2013, 08:50 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soledad View Post
My wife and I just bought our first diesel 3 days ago. It's a two tone Blue 2006 F-350 6.0L SD XLT/FX4 SuperCab. It had 90,994 miles on it and looks almost brand new. I got an extended warranty on it only because I'm so new to diesels, should anything go wrong I'd be lost and out a lot of money. But, I am not new to working on gassers.

First mod is going to be an Edge CS monitor or Scangauge 2 and EGT. Just not sure where to go to get the EGT bung welded in or even know where in the exhaust it should be welded in to get the best/accurate temps. Can anybody recommend a good place north of Denver or in Greeley or Fort Morgan to get that done?

After the gauges then I'll change out all of the fluids. Then, with all of that out of the way I'll start with the perf mods.

I have to say that this thing is a joy to drive but needs just a tad more power.
Welcome to the Org! Welcome to the Chapter!

Send me a PM with your email address, and I'll get you added to our role. Feel free to add our logo to your signature block, and pop over to the New Member thread and introduce yourself.

http://www.powerstroke.org/forum/new...oductions.html

Gene

2001 F350 Crew Cab Long Bed 4x4 6 speed

PHP Hydra, 4 inch MBRP Exhaust, GTP38R, FRx, DIY Exhaust Brake, T500 HPOP, Hutch/Harpoon,
6-liter Intercooler, 6637, DIY Coolant Filter, CCV Mod

post #9 of 11 Old 02-05-2013, 05:13 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Larry
2015 F-350 CCLB DRW, Lariat Ultimate,
2nd Gen. 6.7L "Scorpion" Turbo Diesel,
440HP/860TQ, Torque Shift 6-speed,
Tuxedo Black W/Charcoal Black Int.,
14,000 LB GVWR,
3:73 Gears W/Limited Slip,
17" Polished Forge Alum. Wheels,
BFG All-Terrain Tires,
Factory 5th Wheel/Gooseneck Prep Pkg.,
Spray In Bed-Liner,
Supplemental Cab Heater,
Camper Pkg.,
Chrome Pkg.,
FX4-Off Road Pkg.,
Upfitter Switches,
Engine Block Heater,
9025 Lbs. on the CAT Scales.

"Mack Daddy Scorpion!"
post #10 of 11 Old 02-05-2013, 05:44 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
The EGT placement is very much a DYI type of thing. Check out the videos on the you tube. Juz take your time.

BPD OIL COOLER W/COLD WEATHER PACK & BPD oil bypass amsiol filter
BPD WATER PUMP, RADIATOR+ EGR.ARP STUDS
,edge turbo timer
5" TB DIAMOND EYE EXH
ATLAS 40
TITLE IN HAND...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode