Steak Marinades - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Cookin it Up! Chili, steak marinades, desserts, cookout favorites, etc....FOOD!!!

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2006, 07:04 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to purduefarmboy460
Steak Marinades

Well, I don't have any long time special things I do, and I never do it the same twice, but I'd love to hear some of ya'll's ideas for sure!! I have had some dog-gone good steak... what do you have?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-31-2006, 07:47 PM
Banned

i love marinating a steak in Yoshidas brand origional terriaki sauce...i maranade it all day....from when i get up till i cook it. then i rub in about 5-6 cloves per steak of freshly pressed garlic, and cook it in Alpine Touch brand seasoned salt.....i also only grill chuck steaks if im going cheap....or t-bone or porterhouse if im going with the good stuff....the flavor is in the fat in my opinion.......they come out better than any resteraunt in my opinion....and nice topic....you da man......
Old 01-31-2006, 07:48 PM
Banned

now im hungry
Old 02-01-2006, 03:21 AM

The flavor is in the fat. I agree with that comment. As a kid I worked at a steak and seafood restaraunt my aunt owned and I will have to say that the best steak to me is a ribeye that is marbled nicely. You get really good flavor and the meat soaks up your marinade great.
Old 02-01-2006, 03:42 AM

If I could afford it, I would eat steak all day. There's a Tumbleweed down by my house that has all you can eat steak on Sundays. I made the mistake of trying to out do a buddy. No sh!t, 1 hour and 20 mins AFTER our first steak arrived, we were both done. 44 oz. I WILL NEVER DO THAT AGAIN, after this Sunday, of course!
Old 02-01-2006, 05:13 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by stomper2
If I could afford it, I would eat steak all day. There's a Tumbleweed down by my house that has all you can eat steak on Sundays. I made the mistake of trying to out do a buddy. No sh!t, 1 hour and 20 mins AFTER our first steak arrived, we were both done. 44 oz. I WILL NEVER DO THAT AGAIN, after this Sunday, of course!
i hear that, when i was 14, went to an all ya can eat prime rib......first one 24 ounces....then a then ouncer and i was full....but my old man dared me i couldnt eat another, so i did, then....stuffed.....the waitress came out and said nobody had ever finished the fourth steak......so i did, and was in pain because of it.......54 ounces is never a good idea.....
Old 02-01-2006, 06:50 AM

If you need don't have time or materials to marinate, and need a quickie flavor for steaks, ribs or chops, this is an emergency treatment that works well.

Dry meat thoroughly. Rub all over with worcestershire sauce. Sprinkle with fajita seasoning (salt, pepper, garlic, dash of cumin). Rub into meat, and go light the fire. Cook and eat lots!

Mark
Old 02-01-2006, 07:11 AM
Conservative and Proud

Love to marinate all meat, but when I don't have time.....

OK, I know this sounds silly.... but it's great stuff and even use it on my Tif Burgers that are HUGE!!!!!! Texas style ya might say!

http://us.st11.yimg.com/store1.yimg...._1881_19008233
Old 02-01-2006, 07:12 AM
Conservative and Proud

When I have time I use this stuff.....http://www.eastwestsauces.com/

The Spicy Ginger is the BOMB on pork and chicken.
Old 02-01-2006, 04:02 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

mesquite

the best steaks ive eaten are at my deer lease. let em get about room temp rub a little w/salt butter and pepper and let the mesquite wood cook its flavor in.also at home on my gas grill i take mesquite beans put em on a peice of metal and let the smoke from the beans give them flavor
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.