My Meaty Chili
5 lbs. ground beef or ground turkey
1 can tomato sauce (29 oz.)
1 can chili beans (27 oz.)
1 red bell pepper (chopped)
1 green bell pepper (chopped)
1 med. onion (chopped)
1 cup water
Tomato JUICE (set your own amount for desired consistency)
Garlic powder (your desired amount)
Chili powder (your desired amount)
1. Brown ground beef/turkey, drain and set aside
2.Chop red pepper, green pepper and onion
3. In 5-6 qt. slow cooker/crock pot add: beans, red pepper, green pepper and onion.
Sprinkle garlic powder and chili powder on top.
4. Add ground beef/turkey to cooker/crock pot
5. Add 1 can (29 oz.) of tomato sauce
6. Add 1 cup water
7. Stir together well and then add desired amount of Tomato Juice to reach desired
8. Set cooker on LOW for at least 8-10 hours. I stir mine occassionally after the 1st 4
hours just to make sure it doesn't stick.
1st time I've ever written a recipe so don't laugh too hard.