I thought I had already posted this....
I've made these at home but this weekend was the first time I saw this recipe in action feeding 10 people (kids included) a hearty breakfast!!! And no complaining from anyone about something they don't like to eat in their food!
These are so good, you'll make them at home, camping, for one person or a huge crew!!!!!
Best feature is that no one has to wait for their special omelet !!! Have guests write their name on a quart-size Ziploc freezer bag
with permanent marker. (must be ziploc)
- Crack 2 eggs (large or extra-large) into the quart size Ziploc bag (not more than 2) shake to combine them.
- Put out a variety of ingredients such as: cheeses, ham, onion, green
pepper, tomato, hash browns, salsa, etc. (make sure meats such as bacon are cooked first)
- Each guest adds prepared ingredients of choice to their bag and shake and squish to mix eggs and ingredients.
- Make sure to get the air out of the bag and zip it up.
- Place the bags into rolling, boiling water for exactly 13 minutes. You
can usually cook 6-8 omelets in a large pot. (Friends did a test and said you can do three eggs but adjust time to 16-17 minutes)
- Open the bags and the omelet will roll out easily. Be prepared for
everyone to be amazed.
I usually have a warm tortilla ready so that it's just like a breakfast burrito and no dishes!
Imagine having these ready the night before, and putting the bag in
boiling water while you get ready. And in 13 minutes, you have a nice
omelet for a quick breakfast!!!