CC for a skinny guy. - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Concealed Carry Discussion Just as the title reads. :)

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-16-2009, 04:54 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
CC for a skinny guy.

Ok first of I am on the thin side 6ft and only 140lbs. My gun is a s&w 40 cal sigma. I know not the best cc weapon. Are there any good cc hosters that I could use? I want to start doing night calls for my job but some of the places we go almost require you to be armed. One tech just leaves his on the seat in the truck but I would like to have mine a little bit more accesable. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-16-2009, 05:01 PM
duct tape & zip ties

Send a message via Yahoo to bigcountrysg
IWB holster would be good.

IWB= Inside Waist Band
Old 06-16-2009, 05:10 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigcountrysg View Post
IWB holster would be good.

IWB= Inside Waist Band
Sorry forgot to add that. I was wanting a iwb holster. I was just wanting to know if yall knew any that were any spicific holsters that are better for a skinny guy. Also Im left handed so the holster needs to be available in left hand and I would perfer somthing that is fairly stout. I dont have much of a butt so if the belt goes loose my pants fall down. I think that might be a bad thing if Im trying to defend myself.

Last edited by bigbomar4; 06-16-2009 at 05:14 PM.
Old 06-18-2009, 10:48 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I hope you have shot that gun a ton and trust your life to it! I had that same gun and it was traded off before I had more than 200 rounds of ammo through it. I went with a kahr arms cw40 for about the same price as the sigma and it is an awesome shooter. you loose about half the ammo capacity but a much more reliable firearm. more concealable and more accurate.

hope I helped.

Mica
Old 06-19-2009, 04:48 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I like the gun so far I put well over 500 rounds through it and it hasnt had any problems yet. All of the problems I have heard of have been on the V model not the newer VE that I have. Like I said I like the gun and it has showed me no reason not to trust it. So anyways does no one know any IWB holsters that would be good for a skinny guy? If not I guess Il just have to open carry I do live in Lousiana so its legal here. Thanks Mica
Old 06-20-2009, 01:12 PM
The Fat Mod

Have you looked at the Glacos or maybe even some of the custom work? If you are going to carry a gun, I think you need to spend the money on a good setup. A good gun belt is something that is one of the most important parts of a carry setup. I would start there. I have been carrying a grandfather oaks kydex holster for over 6 months now. It is nothing fancy but it works very well. It is thin and very light weight so it does not add much bulk. They make holsters for about any gun, and if they don't have it, they can make you one. I normally wear just leather, but this one has been great. They are around $30 so they wont break the bank either. Probably if you carry somewhere around 7:00, you will be able to conceal it easier.

This is my grandfather Oaks kydex.
Old 06-20-2009, 01:18 PM
Unapologetically American

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
+1 for Galco. MY brother has one (IWB) for his Glock 36, and he's about 135 and 5 ft 10 in tall
Old 06-20-2009, 08:25 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Thanks I will look into the galco holsters almost every thing I have found online has been fobus but they all look like they are very cheaply made. Im starting to think that I might just open carry and I kinda like the duty carry holsters. What do yall think of the Safariland 6280 SLS it looks nice and simple which is what I like. Also to the people who know more than me(everyone) I have held and shot both the v model and my ve but have never seen them side by side If it fits a V will it fit a VE they look the same so I think they will just want to be sure.
Old 06-21-2009, 03:06 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Probably if you carry somewhere around 7:00, you will be able to conceal it easier.
+1 I am 6'3 and 185 and this is where I must keep mine for concealment and comfort. If I put it at 3 or 9, I am hurting!

Note: Practice drawing from this position as it can be awkward. Do it with your normal clothing you would wear as well.
Old 06-21-2009, 05:25 AM
Emergency Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by rankroddin250 View Post
I hope you have shot that gun a ton and trust your life to it! I had that same gun and it was traded off before I had more than 200 rounds of ammo through it.

hope I helped.

Mica

^^^ What he said. I would recommend getting almost any other gun than a Sigma to defend yourself. Keep in mind, this is the gun that the US government bought for the Iraqi police. They knew they might as well be arming the insurgents, so they bought the gun they most wanted to be shot at with. It is almost guaranteed to fail when you need it.

They might have changed some things with the VE version, but I still wouldn't trust it for my carry weapon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.