Open Carry - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Concealed Carry Discussion Just as the title reads. :)

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2012, 02:42 AM
Still Alive

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Skype™ to westcoaststrokin
Open Carry

So normally I go with the concealed carry route, but earlier I got woke up by the sound of people milling around the truck and trailer. I got up to smoke only to discover it was my last one and could still hear people talking. At that point I figured why the hell not go get smokes now. I threw on sweats socks and romeos and through my tactical belt around my hips. I dropped the 1911 in the holster grabbed my wallet and rolled out. You should have seen the neighborhood teenagers scatter when I walked out the door packing. I guess they won't hang around our place anymore.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-07-2012, 03:28 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Its our 2nd ammendement right.....I like your style.
Old 02-07-2012, 03:37 AM
Still Alive

What is the point of packing concealed when you get way more impact having it on your hip or thigh in my case.
Old 02-07-2012, 04:15 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
The source of much debate here in Texas.

It would certainly make people return to being civilized and having manners !

Shawn
Old 02-07-2012, 04:19 AM
Still Alive

Washington is an open carry state although I don't do it often. There are times though when it comes in handy. As soon as I got in the truck I switched from open carry to concealed.
Old 03-24-2012, 03:40 PM

I don't care for open carry. I don't like the thought of someone walking by me and taking my gun out of my holster. Or something goes down and the criminal knows who to take out first because they saw my gun. I like conceal carry for the reason it is concealed and I have the element of suprise. Just my opinion and we all know what that's worth. I do like to see the look when you reach up for somethiing and they see your ****ed and locked 1911.
Old 10-07-2012, 05:21 PM

I moved to Virginia the 1st of the year and I'm just finding out that we have open carry here. I think I'm still going to get my CC but I think open carry is better IMO... Guess it could make people uncomfortable so I'm sure you have to be very selective on where you carry.
Old 10-07-2012, 05:28 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to bwmtnbiker
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoaststrokin View Post
So normally I go with the concealed carry route, but earlier I got woke up by the sound of people milling around the truck and trailer. I got up to smoke only to discover it was my last one and could still hear people talking. At that point I figured why the hell not go get smokes now. I threw on sweats socks and romeos and through my tactical belt around my hips. I dropped the 1911 in the holster grabbed my wallet and rolled out. You should have seen the neighborhood teenagers scatter when I walked out the door packing. I guess they won't hang around our place anymore.
That's perfect, I know I've been somewhere that was open carry when I was like 10 and was scared out of my mind. I like the idea if concealed carry only for the sake that I wouldn't want to be drug into a situation where I had to shoot someone because I had it in the open. Kinda like the thing where if you are wearing a real EMT shirt in public, people hold you accountable if something happens to someone.

My RAZR made me send this...
Old 10-08-2012, 05:57 AM

I don't like open carry because it gives everyone around you time to plan who to shoot first or how to get your gun. Just no good reason for it. Like any battle having the element of suprise is key to success.
Old 10-08-2012, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry Smith View Post
I don't like open carry because it gives everyone around you time to plan who to shoot first or how to get your gun. Just no good reason for it. Like any battle having the element of suprise is key to success.
That is a valid point. Although, I think that the majority of criminals that are out there are just looking for a quick score and if you're carrying openly, 90% of them will choose another target when you leave the scene. If you're concealing and they can't see your gun, They're more likely to attack you. I assume that all attackers are armed with the intent to harm me and my family. If you're not prepared for the attack and can't react quick enough to pull your piece, chances are that you will just have to go along with it. All depends on the situation. Open carry could result in a more violent attack though. I guess it's everybody's individual choice as to how they carry. Either way carrying open or concealed is better than not carrying in my eyes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.