Best IWB holster - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Concealed Carry Discussion Just as the title reads. :)

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2010, 11:08 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Best IWB holster

I just got my ccw about a week ago and finally got a chance to carry this weekend. Right now I've got a Bianchi Carrylok and another holster that is hand made here in wyoming. The gun is a Glock 23 by the way.

With a hoodie on, you can barley tell I'm packin, but with just a T-shirt you can see printing pretty well. I'm not super concerned about it because wyoming is an open carry state. However, I would like a holster for deeper concealment for those ceratin situations.

With that in mind, I'm looking for an IWB holster, and am really leaning towards a Crossbreed Supertuck. The others I know that conceal and have this holster love it, but, do I actaully need to buy pants a size or two larger to make an IWB holster work?

What are your opinions on the best IWB holster?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-07-2010, 11:45 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

IWB carry is not for everyone. Pants size depends upon your build. I'm 5'10", 240, and don't need to increase size. Someone thinner who wears tighter pants may have issues with parts digging in.

BUT - Check out Thunderwear.

Also, I'm not a glock fan, so checkout the Springfield XD line if you like the Glock. Much better unit in my opinion, and it's made in the USA.
Old 02-07-2010, 11:58 AM
back to business

with the first part. I like my Glocks

I have heard good things about hybrids (holsters not cars ) but have never used one. I use all leather custom made rigs. I have a couple different pieces I carry, one of them being a Glock G30 (a little wider than your 23), and I can hide it easily with an IWB and an untucked t-shirt. Again though, there is alot of factors that play into what the best way for YOU to carry.

Oh, and I do not need to "up-size" my pants. They aren't skin tight to begin with though.
Old 02-07-2010, 12:00 PM
shaking things up

i carry iwb and dont have to increase my pants size i am 6-1 235ish and wear fairly tight jeans not baggy and it works fine for me i am going to buy a crossbreed when i get around to buying a smaller cc weapon lol
Old 02-07-2010, 12:12 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I have the Crossbreed also and the Crossbreed belt. Both are great. I did not upsize my pants at all. Actually i went from about 230ish to 210 lbs so now all my pants are way to big so it worked out in the end.
Old 02-07-2010, 02:07 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07OUTLAW View Post
with the first part. I like my Glocks

I have heard good things about hybrids (holsters not cars ) but have never used one. I use all leather custom made rigs. I have a couple different pieces I carry, one of them being a Glock G30 (a little wider than your 23), and I can hide it easily with an IWB and an untucked t-shirt. Again though, there is alot of factors that play into what the best way for YOU to carry.

Oh, and I do not need to "up-size" my pants. They aren't skin tight to begin with though.
I suppose I should have included that information in my origianl post. I'm 5'7" 150 lbs soaking wet and I wear Wranglers on an almost daily basis (not skin tight but not too loose either).
Old 02-07-2010, 05:15 PM
back to business

Quote:
Originally Posted by benderado View Post
I suppose I should have included that information in my origianl post. I'm 5'7" 150 lbs soaking wet and I wear Wranglers on an almost daily basis (not skin tight but not too loose either).
It is still hard for someone else to tell you what will work BEST. I'm 6'2" 240. By most standards I'm "obese", I only carry about 16% body fat though. I have a large upper body / chest, and a rather small waist (for my size) at 36-37", this makes it easy for me to conceal a weapon around my waist, as an XL t-shirt fits, but is pretty baggy around my waist.
It's more about body SHAPE, you need to find a holster that works with that. It needs to be comfortable too, otherwise you won't wear it.

For what it's worth though, a pancake or IWB is prob going to conceal the best. Look at LOTS of holsters, try on as many as you can, and be ready to buy a couple before you find one you REALLY like. I went through several for the glock before I found one I liked., luckily the first 2 were cheap (under $60), the rig I finally went with was $150, but worth every penny, IMO, because I like it, it's comfortable and I USE it.
Old 02-07-2010, 05:18 PM
Super Moderator

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I love my Supertuck.

Old 02-07-2010, 05:36 PM
Raging Lunatic

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Crossbreed Supertuck.

Mark is a great guy and has superior customer service. I think you'll be very pleased with his holster.
Old 03-28-2010, 10:10 PM

Crossbreed supertuck!!!

After break in I can't even tell its there and under a t-shirt with jeans it doesn't print with a Springfield subcompact XD-9
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.