Beretta 92fs - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Concealed Carry Discussion Just as the title reads. :)

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2009, 11:29 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Cory S
Beretta 92fs

ok guys i just bought my first carry weapon! i got an all black beretta 92fs i was wondering where yall are carrying them in your truck and holsters and grips? i am getting an itch to start moding and accessorizing my beretta! any help would be greatly apreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-02-2009, 12:04 PM
back to business

Congrats.

As far as carrying (I don't tote a beretta off duty) I keep my choice of the day in an IWB leather rig, just behind my right hip. My holsters are all high quality custom pieces and are VERY comfortable. Back when I wore cheaper holsters I'd put my pistol under the seat for long trips so the grip wasn't digging into my ribs or side.

I guess that kind of answers the holster question too...... go with quality, I won't even blink when paying $200-300 for a new holster anymore. You really do get what you pay for here, don't cheap out. Especially with a larger pistol like the M9, you need a well designed holster to efficiently distribute weight and conceal it. I tote my work piece around in a safari land thigh rig, it works, takes a while to get it "broke in" though.

Grips...... some guys I work with swear by Houge grips, some do the houge slip on deal, some wrap with different types of tape..... I never messed with the grips the factory put on the thing and I shoot just as well if not better than anyone I've shot with

Happy shooting
Old 12-02-2009, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07OUTLAW View Post
Congrats.

As far as carrying (I don't tote a beretta off duty) I keep my choice of the day in an IWB leather rig, just behind my right hip. My holsters are all high quality custom pieces and are VERY comfortable. Back when I wore cheaper holsters I'd put my pistol under the seat for long trips so the grip wasn't digging into my ribs or side.

I guess that kind of answers the holster question too...... go with quality, I won't even blink when paying $200-300 for a new holster anymore. You really do get what you pay for here, don't cheap out. Especially with a larger pistol like the M9, you need a well designed holster to efficiently distribute weight and conceal it. I tote my work piece around in a safari land thigh rig, it works, takes a while to get it "broke in" though.

Grips...... some guys I work with swear by Houge grips, some do the houge slip on deal, some wrap with different types of tape..... I never messed with the grips the factory put on the thing and I shoot just as well if not better than anyone I've shot with

Happy shooting
wow thank you for your input like i said this is my first pistol ever i got my CWP here in fla. i was looking at black hawk conceal holsters. the Serpia what do you think of those?
Old 12-02-2009, 01:32 PM
back to business

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory S View Post
wow thank you for your input like i said this is my first pistol ever i got my CWP here in fla. i was looking at black hawk conceal holsters. the Serpia what do you think of those?
I don't know anyone who uses them, I've looked at them in shops before.

My personal preferance is for leather, and I like Inside the Waist Band, so those def. wouldn't work for me (and I won't go into my feelings on blackhawk).

They seem to be fairly well made though. May be a bit hard to conceal too. You will most likely have to wear a coat, loose over shirt, vest......

That's why I like the IWB with a 1911, I can conceal that with nothing but an untucked t-shirt (and I don't wear my clothes baggy either, I'm a Lg and I wear Lg.)
Old 12-03-2009, 10:49 AM

nice year the berretta is a big conseal i am looking into the glock 26 unless you have a better suggestion for a compact or sub compact
Old 12-03-2009, 04:14 PM
back to business

I do rock a G30 from time to time. Glocks are a little wide, not to bad though. I almost always have a 1911 though. The 3" models, or officer model, are a breeze to conceal. You can get them in almost any good defensive caliber you want, .45 being most common. The draw back is magazine capacity, only 7 usually. I do have a 9mm, 3" model that can carry 8 +1. compare that to a full size glock, say a G17 (9mm) you can pack 17. My G30 only carries 10. and the G26 you mentioned would be 10 also (with the standard mag)

Anyway, after all my rambling.......... I WOULD recommend the G26 (or any glock). I would also recommend a 1911 (I'm just in love with them).

Heres a link to the particular 1911 I talked about above
Kimber > 1911 Pistols > Aegis II > Ultra Aegis II™
Maybe you can fall in love too
Old 12-03-2009, 10:23 PM

what should i expect to pay for a 1911?
Old 12-03-2009, 10:56 PM
Super Moderator

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Cory, are you still in the Birmingham area?
Old 12-04-2009, 07:30 AM
Powerstroke Junkie

The 92F is a full sized service weapon and not something I would want to carry IWB. Although I don't find IWB comfortable at all!! The serpa are good holsters, but they stick out to far for me. I like a retention holster if it designed right. The best I have found is the Bianchi Carry Loc. Check them out, excellent holster, and I too have a lot of custom leather, but I always go back to the Carryloc. I would stay away from the short 1911's they tend to have feeding issues, unless you get lucky, but I am not into 45 anyway. You can't beat the Glocks for CC. I prefer the compacts, the subs are to small for my hands. You see what works for me may be totally wrong for you, so we all have to find what works for you. I have been carrying for 14 years and am just now getting into IDPA with my son. I highly suggest checking it out to help build your SD skills.

NCH
Old 12-04-2009, 07:33 AM

I keep mine in the center console. As for holster check out Uncle Mikes holsters, great quality and good price.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.