I finally got it!!! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Concealed Carry Discussion Just as the title reads. :)

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2009, 08:58 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I finally got it!!!

Well, I've been talking to some of you on what pistol I should get for cc when I turn 21. Today is the big day and I just got back from the sporting goods store.

After handling quite a few pistols, most off of suggestions from all of you, I settled on a Glock 23 in .40 S&W. This is the pistol that fit my hand the best and was the easiest pointing.

Now I just need to get down to the Sherriffs office to get the CC paperwork so I can get the ball rolling on that.

P.S. sorry about the crappy phone pic. I had to use it since I fell in the river fishing over the summer and runined my digital camera.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-13-2009, 09:01 AM
Too cool for school

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to taylorking Send a message via Yahoo to taylorking
Nice gun, congrats!

From what I hear you can' go wrong with a glock
Old 11-13-2009, 01:52 PM

Little update for all.... Went out to the range and ran about 75 rounds through it and it functioned perfectly!

On the 3rd magazine, I was shooting over half the magazine into a 2x2 inch square. I was a bit aprehensive about this gun, but after shooting it, I love it.

Also, suggestions for a cc holster by those with a Glock 23 would be greatly appreciated.
Old 11-13-2009, 01:56 PM
Viking Heavy Diesel

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Congrats on the new weapon.
Old 11-13-2009, 04:50 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by benderado;1517920
P.S. sorry about the crappy phone pic. I had to use it since I fell in the river fishing over the summer and runined my digital camera.

[IMG
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b329/benderado/glock23.jpg[/IMG]
That's funny. That's what happened to all of my guns except I never recovered a single one.
Old 11-17-2009, 05:58 AM
Powerstroke Junkie

I have carried a 2nd Gen G23 for 13+ years now and it is a excellent choice for CC. I have gone through a lot of holsters and sights and ammo so take some knowledge from me and save yourself some time and money. I would get some night sights, all carry guns should have a good set, over 85% of all SD shooting happen at night. The TFO sights are hands down the very best I have used, and I have used almost all of them at one time or another. Ammo, the Federal HST is in my opinion the finest SD round on the market, but can be hard to find. Still trying to locate some 9mm HST. Hornaday critical defense is good stuff as well as the old Hydrashoks. Speer gold dots are also excellent rounds for SD. Now holsters, what works for me may not be right for you, but the best rig I have found is the Bianchi carryloc, it has carried my G23 for the last 6 years or so, excellent carry rig. I don't find IWB carry comfortable, much prefer OWB. I have also tried a lot of custom leather and still like the Bianchi better. I would also suggest some of the Glock +2 magazine bases, this will give you 16 rounds of 40 cal, and that my friend is some serious firepower, I carry a extra mag in a kydex mag carrier. I hate kydex holsters but it is the best way to carry a extra mag. If you have any ? feel free to contact me. Oh, check out the Hogue Handall, makes the grip much more comfortable, I had one until I got my Crimson Trace laser grips for the Glock, now it rides on the new HK. If you have smaller hands check out the AGRIP, I have heard good things about them.
Carry as much as you can because when seconds count, the cops are just minutes away!!

NCH
Old 11-17-2009, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCHornet View Post
I have carried a 2nd Gen G23 for 13+ years now and it is a excellent choice for CC. I have gone through a lot of holsters and sights and ammo so take some knowledge from me and save yourself some time and money. I would get some night sights, all carry guns should have a good set, over 85% of all SD shooting happen at night. The TFO sights are hands down the very best I have used, and I have used almost all of them at one time or another. Ammo, the Federal HST is in my opinion the finest SD round on the market, but can be hard to find. Still trying to locate some 9mm HST. Hornaday critical defense is good stuff as well as the old Hydrashoks. Speer gold dots are also excellent rounds for SD. Now holsters, what works for me may not be right for you, but the best rig I have found is the Bianchi carryloc, it has carried my G23 for the last 6 years or so, excellent carry rig. I don't find IWB carry comfortable, much prefer OWB. I have also tried a lot of custom leather and still like the Bianchi better. I would also suggest some of the Glock +2 magazine bases, this will give you 16 rounds of 40 cal, and that my friend is some serious firepower, I carry a extra mag in a kydex mag carrier. I hate kydex holsters but it is the best way to carry a extra mag. If you have any ? feel free to contact me. Oh, check out the Hogue Handall, makes the grip much more comfortable, I had one until I got my Crimson Trace laser grips for the Glock, now it rides on the new HK. If you have smaller hands check out the AGRIP, I have heard good things about them.
Carry as much as you can because when seconds count, the cops are just minutes away!!

NCH

Have you ever tried the Corssbreed Supertuck? This is the IWB holster I'm thinking about trying but am worried about concealibility since I am pretty skinny.
Old 11-19-2009, 05:08 AM
Powerstroke Junkie

I have tried OWB many a time and it just isn't for me!! I don't like having to buy jeans that look like I came out of the ghetto to make them work. I much prefer OWB and I believe the access is quicker, at least it is for me. But hey, what works for me may be totally wrong for you, and very, very few get it right the first time. This is why after 10 years or so you end up with a box full of holsters you never use. Check out High Noon, I am going to order a pancake from them for my new HK USP because Bianchi doesn't make the Carryloc for it. They seem very reasonable and their quality is top notch.

NCH
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.