Carrying Across State Lines - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Concealed Carry Discussion Just as the title reads. :)

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2009, 07:42 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Carrying Across State Lines

Does anybody carry a pistol in your truck when you go on a trip into states your permit doesn't allow you to carry!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-07-2009, 07:56 PM
Shade tree mechanic

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I have, on accident.
Old 07-07-2009, 08:05 PM
Premium Member

Depends.....That is one side of the law I don't want to be on the wrong side of. The thought of them taking away my right to own a gun (felony conviction) scares the crap outta me. Most states that I drive through will allow me to carry though. My question was always, "How do you get the gun from your hip to the case in the trunk without "brandishing" the weapon. " I guess you are supposed to disarm inside the car (hoping nobody sees you because they will freak out) and put it in the case, THEN put it in the truck. Kind of a pain in the butt if you ask me.
-Aaron
Old 07-07-2009, 08:06 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I have but with it in open carry (unloaded and ammo in the rear). It just a matter if you get pulled over or not. It is better to be safe than sorry and just unload until you are through the state. Just make it one of those states that you don't have to stop in. Example Georga
Old 07-07-2009, 08:11 PM
duct tape & zip ties

Send a message via Yahoo to bigcountrysg
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redneck47441 View Post
Does anybody carry a pistol in your truck when you go on a trip into states your permit doesn't allow you to carry!
I would you go to the nra website. This will provide you a list of states that reckongize your state's permit to carry. These are the states that you can carry concealed in.

A lot of states will not allow you to carry if they do not reckongize your state's permit.

Now I am in a different situation. I fall under different laws, basically I can carry in all 50 states no matter what. But that is because I fall under LEOSA Law Enforcement Officers Safety Act. If you are a Law Enforcement Officer I would check into this Federal Law. Then ask your Commander about it.
Old 03-28-2010, 10:15 PM

Try this site:

USA Carry - Open and Concealed Carry Information and Community

Should give you some good info on this.
Old 03-28-2010, 10:37 PM
Banned

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by EC130H View Post
Try this site:

USA Carry - Open and Concealed Carry Information and Community

Should give you some good info on this.
YES thanks for posting that.

it just depends on the state you are traviling to and the statings in between. since im from texas, most of the states are friendly enough for me when traveling.
Old 12-08-2010, 05:07 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I live in NJ and I commenly carry across state lines. you must be in accordance with the firearms owners protection act of I believe 86 not positive of the year. you must be posess the firearm at your starting location and your ending location. but you cant make any stops other than fuel and a few other things in between. My starting point is my house the only place you can realy carry in nj is personal property. I then put it in a case seperate from the ammo. Seperate just means the ammo cant be in the same box as the gun they can be in the same are of vehicle. then I drive over to DE or pa or up to main and Im legal in all those states in between because i am in acordance with federal law
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.