OH sucks - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Concealed Carry Discussion Just as the title reads. :)

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2009, 05:37 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
OH sucks

ok i know that its like a national law that you have to be 21 to buy a handgun.....but in ohio you have to 21 just handle one.....

i read some where that in mighigan you can be 16 and carry a hand gun or somethin like that it might be 18 im not sure....

i want a hand gun bad....only 2 more years until i can buy one legally....any one in ohio and want to get rid of 1 or 2?????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-01-2009, 05:40 PM
wriott

im not sure what the law is here in michigan but i have been handleing one since i have been about 12... i think you have to wait until your 21 to get a ccw but im not sure...
Old 07-01-2009, 05:41 PM
duct tape & zip ties

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to bigcountrysg
Quote:
Originally Posted by C-Power View Post
ok i know that its like a national law that you have to be 21 to buy a handgun.....but in ohio you have to 21 just handle one.....

i read some where that in mighigan you can be 16 and carry a hand gun or somethin like that it might be 18 im not sure....

i want a hand gun bad....only 2 more years until i can buy one legally....any one in ohio and want to get rid of 1 or 2?????

Coming on here asking someone to break the law come on man. There is a reason for the law to be there.

What you heard about Michigan is false. It is Federal Law that you have to be 21 in order to purchase from FFL, 18 own/possess a handgun whether it is a pistol or revolver.

Oh by the way if you do get a handgun and you are found in possession of it. Guess what now you just committed a felony and now you loose all your firearms.

Last edited by bigcountrysg; 07-01-2009 at 05:47 PM.
Old 07-01-2009, 05:42 PM
Electrical Ogre

If you think that's bad, try living in Canada with the gun laws here. You're only allowed to handle/discharge your handgun at a range, and must transport it directly to/from the range, so no stop at the beer store on your way home. Of course, you need a firearms licence, a handgun permit, and the serial number is logged in the naional registry.
Old 07-01-2009, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigcountrysg View Post
Coming on here asking someone to break the law come on man. There is a reason for the law to be there.

What you heard about Michigan is false. It is Federal Law that you have to be 21 in order to purchase from FFL, 18 own/possess a handgun whether it is a pistol or revolver.

Oh by the way if you do get a handgun and you are found in possession of it. Guess what now you just committed a felony and now you loose all your firearms.
haha come on really.....im not askin them to break laws....i didnt say i was gonna buy it....my cousin buys them like candy....im thinkin im gonna get a few from him....
Old 07-01-2009, 06:03 PM

i dont even understand some of the gun laws in ohio.....

you can not transport a gun and have the ammo in the same vehicle....how the hell are you supposed to hunt?????

obviously the gun must be visible.....idk....my .17HMR is under my back seat but i take the bolt out so if i do get stopped i have a good excuse....i cant put it any where else...i have my car seat in the back seat so i cant put a rack on the back window....
Old 07-01-2009, 06:06 PM

i do agree that in this point in time there has to be very strict laws....the only problem is that guys like me who only want them for fun just to have or for home protection get penalized....there is a lot of gun shows in ohio.....its weird....they seem so strict but yet there is a lot of guns floatin around....
Old 07-01-2009, 06:11 PM

I agree some of the laws are stupid but with anything else there just laws and people will do what they please. I do think the age to have a concelled permit should be 18
Old 07-01-2009, 06:21 PM
Emergency Services

Send a message via AIM to cchase
you have to have the gun and amo locked seprate, they can be in the same car. I have my AR-15 behind my seat, and a clip in the tool box. you can shoot a handgun with someone who is over 21 you just cant transport or buy. not that big of a deal
Old 07-01-2009, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cchase View Post
you have to have the gun and amo locked seprate, they can be in the same car. I have my AR-15 behind my seat, and a clip in the tool box. you can shoot a handgun with someone who is over 21 you just cant transport or buy. not that big of a deal
yeah....good point....i have my gun under my back seat....with the clip and the bullets in the glove compartment....sometimes ill take the bolt and put it in there too...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.