computer good/bad? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Computer Geeks Gaming, Servers, Code, everything computer...

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2007, 01:18 PM
im fat and ugly

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
computer good/bad?

i think im sold on tiger direct as my source of computer, they have some really good deals, i found this one and it looks good to me but im not real sure what all the mumbo jumbo is with all those numbers. its a refurb but i plan to buy the 2 year service plan, theres a link to see what all is covered, gateway covers it for the first 3 months then the plan picks up after that. whats yall opinion on this buy?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-14-2007, 01:37 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

That isnt too bad of a deal for that machine, im not a huge fan of Gateway, no real reason though, just have always used HP. I work with computers at a plant near me, about 150 - 200 machines all HP. Hardly any problems
Old 01-14-2007, 01:42 PM

What are you planning on doing with the computer? Somthing tells me your not a gamer, if your planing on just useing it for internet browsing I would imagine it would be fine. However if it was me instead of buying a refurbished one with the 2 years plan I would think it would be better to look for somthing brand new and put the 400 bucks to a the new one. Also I would rather see you get somthing with windows xp sp2 instead of the media center unless you want to do alot of things with photoshop and making movies....I think thats what windows media center is primarly intended for someone correct me if im wrong. One more thing just to bring it up, I assume youll be using your current monitor as it dosn't look like that one comes with one.
Old 01-14-2007, 01:46 PM
im fat and ugly

theres one on that site i planned to get its a 22", not lcd i dont really care about that since the one im lookin at is only 50 bux.

yeah the only thing ill be using the puter for is genral use, internet, and storing, photos and video for printing and what not
Old 01-14-2007, 01:52 PM

Yea if thats all you want it for then I would be confident it would be fine for you. Like I said if it were me I would look for somthing that isn't refurbished even if it means spending a few bucks more, it may save you alot of trouble with it in the future. I know of one site were there refurbished items were the things that had been returned back to them because they were faulty and they specificly said that they dont check to make sure those items work or not. Oh and like squeeks said look into a HP they make some good cheap budget computers.
Old 01-14-2007, 01:54 PM
im fat and ugly

thanks gents
Old 01-14-2007, 01:59 PM

Glad to help stump.
Old 01-14-2007, 03:47 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

I have 15+ years in Information Technology (IBM and EDS) and I canít find anything wrong with that price, for that machine, and what your needs are.

RET
Old 01-14-2007, 04:28 PM
Desert Shield/Storm Vet

That is pretty hard to beat. Did you check out dell? Go to dell.com and see if you can find somthing comparible. If you go to the site check out the scratch and dent section there is some pretty good deals, and you still get the warranty..... just a thought.
Old 01-14-2007, 04:35 PM
im fat and ugly

thank you everybody
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.