PS3 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Computer Geeks Gaming, Servers, Code, everything computer...

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2009, 11:42 AM
Super Moderator

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Rob Send a message via MSN to Rob Send a message via Skype™ to Rob
PS3

So i have been wanting a Blu-Ray player for a while, and i finally had the money to get one, so i go the PS3.. im pretty disappointed with it.. game load times really suck, the blu-ray isnt all its cracked up to be.. not as "pretty" as it is in the stores.. what a rip off... the XBOX 360 has way better graphics and plays alot faster then the PS3..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-23-2009, 11:43 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Raul@Stealth Automotive
i have it and i think the blu ray is way beyond what regular DVD is... also what type of TV are you watching it on?

games are ok but not great
Old 02-23-2009, 11:45 AM
COLLEGE KID

Send a message via AIM to lifewitlooie
you probably need a 1080p to get the full effect but you know, I play Call of duty world at war alll the time on my 720p and it looks amazing. 1080p cant be that much cooler, or at the very least worth the extra dough.
Old 02-23-2009, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifewitlooie View Post
you probably need a 1080p to get the full effect but you know, I play Call of duty world at war alll the time on my 720p and it looks amazing. 1080p cant be that much cooler, or at the very least worth the extra dough.
I have the 360 with the HD cables and play Gears Of War 2 in 1080i and its amazing. Ive tried 720p for giggles. It doesnt even compare
Old 02-23-2009, 12:34 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Rob Send a message via MSN to Rob Send a message via Skype™ to Rob
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raul@Stealth Automotive View Post
i have it and i think the blu ray is way beyond what regular DVD is... also what type of TV are you watching it on?

games are ok but not great
yeah we watched a few Blu-Ray movies this weekend, and they were better than regular DVD's, but still not what i thought.. i have a 720 Plasma, and it looks great with all of my 360 games, i use the component HD cables too, so it helps. the PS3 is on HDMI, pictures look grainy, games are ok, but not what i expected..maybe i need to upgrade my TV to 1080i.... or 1080p.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifewitlooie View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobsled08PSD View Post
I have the 360 with the HD cables and play Gears Of War 2 in 1080i and its amazing. Ive tried 720p for giggles. It doesnt even compare
ill have to sell my plasma first before i go buy another TV.. i just bought 2 Sony 32'' LCD's this weekend, one for our room and the upstairs living room so the wife wont be too cool with another TV. hooray for tax returns...
Old 02-23-2009, 12:39 PM
Serving Our Country!

of course you need to upgrade, your TV can not handle the capabilities of the PS3. once you do that as well as get a decent HDMI cable, things will look a whole lot better.
Old 02-23-2009, 12:43 PM
Super Moderator

i got a real good HDMI cable, it is a Rocketfish brand, run me about 88 bucks..
Old 02-23-2009, 12:44 PM

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Raul@Stealth Automotive
thats your problem right their.. you need a better tv lol...

you have to remember that all electronic stores show their TV's at full 1080P HD so when you go home and hook it up to a non 1080P TV it will def not look as good...

i have mine hooked up to my 1080P and it looks amazing... wish i had a 120HZ tv though...

its def a big diff from watching in 720 and 1080

and you dont need a fancy HDMI cable...

i have 2 diff cables.. the HDMI that came with the PS3 and a component cable and its pretty darn hard to tell teh diff between both...

my cousin works for time warner cable and said its very hard to tell any diff between the regular HDMI cables and the super expensive ones.... their just trying to sell you an expensive *** cable...
Old 02-23-2009, 12:44 PM
Super Moderator

I get a better picture form Digital TV channels than i do from my PS3.. i even set the picture output to what my TV is and it isnt much better.. im gonna try to recalibrate my TV this weekend, hopefully i can make it better.
Old 02-23-2009, 01:02 PM
Serving Our Country!

just from my personal experience i did notice a difference in picture quality from a higher priced HDMI cable as it was able to handle the 120HZ better than a lower grade cable. but that is my opinion. good luck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.