LG dare cell phone - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Computer Geeks Gaming, Servers, Code, everything computer...

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2008, 05:43 PM
Emergency Services

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
LG dare cell phone

im in the market for a new phone. i hate the razor i have now. i really like what i have seen on TV about teh LG dare. kinda a knock off iphone. do any of yall have one? is it worth upgrading to. i dont need my phone to do to much for me, send text, check the scores of football, and make calls. if there is a better phone out there let me know also

oh i also would like GPS
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-02-2008, 05:46 PM
Almostdunfukinwidit

Send a message via Yahoo to Dave
Who is your service provider?
Old 11-02-2008, 06:06 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
If he is looking at LG Dare I am guessing Verizon. What price are they asking for one? I have a LG Voyager that cost me $350.00 about 6 months ago. Iphone 3Gs are down to 299.00 now, and if they were that cheap a few months ago, I would have switched to AT&T to get one.
Old 11-02-2008, 06:08 PM
COLLEGE KID

Send a message via AIM to lifewitlooie
I have the sprint everything plan. 100 bux plus tax. Unlimited everything. Nav Minutes all that trash.

Iphone is the shiznit though. I have personally used one and I think it is all that.
Old 11-02-2008, 06:25 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifewitlooie View Post
I have the sprint everything plan. 100 bux plus tax. Unlimited everything. Nav Minutes all that trash.

Iphone is the shiznit though. I have personally used one and I think it is all that.
i have friends that have said its "life changing" Just afraid I would destroy the screen the first day!!!
Old 11-03-2008, 10:58 AM
Emergency Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
Verizon, i cant put up with ATandT's customer service policies and there BS. and sprint/nextel get the worst coverage up where i am

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFBLUE View Post
If he is looking at LG Dare I am guessing Verizon. What price are they asking for one? I have a LG Voyager that cost me $350.00 about 6 months ago. Iphone 3Gs are down to 299.00 now, and if they were that cheap a few months ago, I would have switched to AT&T to get one.
after my contract upgrade and Govt. discount it comes to 150.00 flat. i would like thte i phone but like i said earlier me and AT&T are not very good friends
Old 11-03-2008, 11:08 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

I used to have one for 3 months before it got stolen last week.

Great phone, I really liked all the features. The picture and video features work great. The camera took the best pictures of any camera phone I have seen, including the iphone. The screen is physically smaller than the iphones, though not by much. It was a little harder to use than the iphone (because of the smaller screen), but I got used to it quickly. I really liked the responsive touch screen, it let you know when you pressed a "button".

The e-mail feature works fine, though I wish it had more features. VZ navigator works excellent on this phone, just like a real standalone GPS. The keyboard options are nice, whether you like the qwerty keyboard or the full feature keyboard.

Ummm, what else is there.....

The video feature was really nice. The video was a little choppy and the audio wasn't the greatest, but it was still the best I have seen from a phone. The web page rendering was right on. EVDO service on this phone was excellent, streaming video and websites pulled up very quickly. One thing to remember though, the Dare is not a smart phone like the iphone. This means you are limited to the applications verizon gives to you, there aren't any cool third party applications you can install on this phone.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by Hoytster; 11-03-2008 at 11:17 AM.
Old 11-03-2008, 11:11 AM

The dare is $399.99 at full price from verizon (I would know, mine was stolen and I didn't have insurance). You can resign a 2-year contract agreement (if your contracts up) and get the phone for alot less than that. I got mine for $100 after my new every two discount and resigning a two year contract.

You can get the iphone 3g for $199 with a new contract from AT&T
Old 11-03-2008, 11:13 AM
Emergency Services

hmmm, is the browser like a real pc or is it the stupid cellphone internet, i want to be on the org on my phone just like im on the org at home! i like the full feature keyboard, i was playin with one at our haloween party and i was pretty cool, but it was someone elses so i didnt get to explore it as much as i wanted. whats the pixel on the cam, and is there vid on it

yea my verizon store told me 399.99 minus 50 instore discount, minus 100 for new every two, then 100 govt discount so = 150.00
Old 11-03-2008, 11:18 AM

Sorry, I edited my post above to answer some of the same questions you just asked :-)

The browser is just like the what you would see on your PC, it's a full featured browser. The camera is a 3.2 MP.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.