Possible Media System Build - help - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Computer Geeks Gaming, Servers, Code, everything computer...

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-23-2011, 07:45 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Possible Media System Build - help

Ok, so I used to build all my own systems, but havent built my own computer in probably 7 years. Im in servers and networking now and kind of out of the loop. I always build the right way the first time and dont cheap out on combo hardware. Trying to figure out if I can build better and cheaper if we should just go Dell, Alienware, etc.

I need some help with hardware selection, particularly video and audio. Got the rest pretty well down np.

Scenario:
Our church is recording audio for now. No biggie there, but we want to expand to video, two HD cameras on PTZ servos. The computer will have three monitors to start and then four if it is absolutly necessary (hopefully not). One monitor for camera and audio control (recording only) and the other monitor will run our projector software, then the projector as the presentation display. I prefer the cameras to be proper the first round, is that HDMI? Network? HDD/SD then file transfer? Distance for cables would run 40 -100 ft, estimated. That being said, what works best for monitors with all this video running? HDMI, DVI? The projector is VGA, ill have to check aux connections available.

So, 2x Camera's, 2x Monitors, 1x Projector.

I like the idea of HDMI for cameras, as the audio is integrated right?

What about software? Resonably priced, Pinnacle? Mostly editing, nothing fancy.

What about integrating our sound system mics so our audio doesnt sound like crap?

I know ATI used to have good cards, but the drivers were often crap. Is that still the case? I have always liked GeForce

Last edited by ridiculously_necessary; 08-23-2011 at 07:48 AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-02-2011, 07:51 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Hey sounds like a fun project!

This is a pretty simple setup, just tedious.

1st: You're on the right track for the HDMI cameras, just ensure that audio is a enabled feature on them. I've seen them only support HDMI video to cut cost.
These are the current top 3 software suites. CyberLink PowerDirector, Corel VideoStudio Pro X4 and Adobe Premiere Elements. Also see what software your cameras come with, they may do the job if its simple.

2nd this is what I would use for audio: E-MU 0404 USB 2.0
http://www.creative.com/emu/products/usbinterfaces/

or Focusrite Sffire 6 usb.

3rd for video cards: ATI is a excellent choice, just make sure you get Cards that support a crossfire set up or the equivalent process for Nvidia. These setups will get you all the performance you could possible want.

Lastly, ensure you get a motherboard that can support this setup. I prefer the Asus P6T DELUXE V2 or equivalent.
Of course you will need to get a true quadcore processor (intel hands down)
and a MINIMUM of 6GB DDR3or4 ram.
This setup will ensure this system will be up to date for years to come.
Oh, use windows 7 64bit OS or Linux if youre savvy and a minimum of 800w power supply.

Good luck, PM if you have any other questions.

Dom
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.