Ipad from apple - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Computer Geeks Gaming, Servers, Code, everything computer...

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2010, 12:07 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Ipad from apple

Have any of y'all seen that new doohickie that apple came out with? To me that thing looks like it would be the perfect thing to have auto enginuity scan tools or ford Ids or something like that with a Bluetooth OBD 2 adapter on it. What do y'all think?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-28-2010, 05:19 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 9 reviews
If my truck quits eating my money, I'll have one

And if it they create OBD2 products for it, even more reason to buy it!
Old 05-11-2010, 02:49 PM

Check out the Archos 9, must better in my opinion.

Dimitri
Old 05-11-2010, 02:53 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to dereku
yup Archos has made better products than apple for 15 yrs they just have zero marketing.

I had my first mp3 player 12 years ago that was an archos. 10gb way back then was enormous.
Old 05-28-2010, 07:04 PM
Premium Member

Ehhh I played with the Archos. It's touchscreen lacks. Their technology is way behind Apple. Not to mention how slow and laggy it is. Nor did I see a word processing application on it, and typing would suck. If it even has a keyboard, that is...

APPLE FTW!
Old 05-29-2010, 03:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickStroke6.0 View Post
Ehhh I played with the Archos. It's touchscreen lacks. Their technology is way behind Apple. Not to mention how slow and laggy it is. Nor did I see a word processing application on it, and typing would suck. If it even has a keyboard, that is...
I know its not laggy, as I've ran multiple programs with ease (which the Apple cannot do, with its one program at a time OS). It has any word processor you wish with its Windows 7 OS. Personally I am running the entire Microsoft Office 2007 due to it being cheaper to buy for a college student then Outlook alone, however OpenOffice is great too which is what I mainly use.

But my biggest problem with your statement is that last thing you said. There is a SEPARATE keyboard button on the Archos, that looks like a keyboard, its really hard to miss if you lay hands on a Archos 9.

So I got to ask Did you even bother to use a Archos? Or are you just making assumptions?

Dimitri
Old 05-29-2010, 05:50 AM
Premium Member

Okay, my mistake. I got it confused with the Archos 7 Android tablet
Old 05-29-2010, 06:19 AM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimitri View Post
I know its not laggy, as I've ran multiple programs with ease (which the Apple cannot do, with its one program at a time OS). It has any word processor you wish with its Windows 7 OS. Personally I am running the entire Microsoft Office 2007 due to it being cheaper to buy for a college student then Outlook alone, however OpenOffice is great too which is what I mainly use.

But my biggest problem with your statement is that last thing you said. There is a SEPARATE keyboard button on the Archos, that looks like a keyboard, its really hard to miss if you lay hands on a Archos 9.

So I got to ask Did you even bother to use a Archos? Or are you just making assumptions?

Dimitri
Have you seen the 4.0 software? It is set to be released on June 7th, and I have the beta on my iPhone 3GS. And wow, the multitasking is far beyond anything I have ever seen. And it doesnt take any extra battery life whatsoever! My battery actually lasts twice as long with the new software!

When the 4.0 comes out for the iPad, I want you to give it another shot, because it will be untouchable when it is released.
Old 05-29-2010, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickStroke6.0 View Post
When the 4.0 comes out for the iPad, I want you to give it another shot, because it will be untouchable when it is released.
As a whole actually, I like being able to have the same software on my tablet as my desktop. Just as I used to do with having a laptop. Till I realized a tablet would eliminate my Palm Pilot, and my Laptop and I wouldn't really miss the laptop, and you know what? I still have not missed carrying a laptop.

Dimitri
Old 05-29-2010, 05:09 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimitri View Post
As a whole actually, I like being able to have the same software on my tablet as my desktop. Just as I used to do with having a laptop. Till I realized a tablet would eliminate my Palm Pilot, and my Laptop and I wouldn't really miss the laptop, and you know what? I still have not missed carrying a laptop.

Dimitri
True. I have a Mac household, so it benefits for me to have iPhones, iPods, iPads, etc. They just go together. I do have a PC laptop, but only to run SCT software though It's running Vista, but I really want to upgrade to 7. I just haven't had the time yet. Vista seems to be like the 6.0's of Windows
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.