Movie making help! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Computer Geeks Gaming, Servers, Code, everything computer...

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2007, 09:29 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 99Smokin73Stroker Send a message via Yahoo to 99Smokin73Stroker
Movie making help!

I just bought a new Toshiba laptop. It has the new Windows Vista on it. Nice operating system. It has Windows Movie Maker on it, and I have been trying to use it to put titles, credits, etc onto some videos I have edited. Problem is that after I "publish" them for viewing and go to upload them to a place like dieselmovies.com or youtube it keeps telling me the file is not valid. After I edit them with the software that came with my digital cam they are saved as .MPG files, but after publishing throw WMM they get save as .MSWMM files. How can I get them back to MPG or any other proper format that is supported by most video websites?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-17-2007, 10:54 AM
Thats Mr. Oil Leak.....

Send a message via AIM to MrJohnWayne Send a message via MSN to MrJohnWayne Send a message via Yahoo to MrJohnWayne
hmm.. I know on my windows movie maker program it let's me select how I want to save them (file type) Might be a difference between the 2 op sys's cause i'm using xp pro.
Old 04-17-2007, 02:05 PM

Send a message via AIM to 99Smokin73Stroker Send a message via Yahoo to 99Smokin73Stroker
Well i've looked around all over on the Vista version and have been unable to come up with a solution. When I go to publish it asks what file type to save it as and only gives the one option. I wonder if there is a wa to get more options?
Old 04-17-2007, 02:57 PM
Thats Mr. Oil Leak.....

Send a message via AIM to MrJohnWayne Send a message via MSN to MrJohnWayne Send a message via Yahoo to MrJohnWayne
yeah you might have to install a codec pack for the different mpg/avi formats that you want to save as.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

check out that link download and install the Codec pack and see if it'll help.

Download details: Codec Installation Package for Windows Media Player 7.1 or later

I'd check this one too.
Old 04-17-2007, 03:37 PM
International Threat

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
OK LET ME TAKE A STAB AT IT...

Are you compiling the movie and saving it like a project, as in saving all the edited crap OR are you saving it has a MPEG/AVI etc...

Let me know. If worse comes to worse I might be able to help you upload whatever you have to a server and then save it in a file type so that you can upload it to dieselmovies - I hope I don't have to go this route.

BTW... how do you like vista? Looks nice w/ all the polished and sup smooth stuff on it - seems it just doesn't work with everything like XP!
Old 04-17-2007, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJohnWayne View Post
yeah you might have to install a codec pack for the different mpg/avi formats that you want to save as.

Download details: Codecs Installation Package for Windows Media Player 6.4

check out that link download and install the Codec pack and see if it'll help.

Download details: Codec Installation Package for Windows Media Player 7.1 or later

I'd check this one too.
Well those are for windows media player, the program i'm using is windows movie maker. Will these codecs still make a difference?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maintain View Post
OK LET ME TAKE A STAB AT IT...

Are you compiling the movie and saving it like a project, as in saving all the edited crap OR are you saving it has a MPEG/AVI etc...

Let me know. If worse comes to worse I might be able to help you upload whatever you have to a server and then save it in a file type so that you can upload it to dieselmovies - I hope I don't have to go this route.

BTW... how do you like vista? Looks nice w/ all the polished and sup smooth stuff on it - seems it just doesn't work with everything like XP!
Well to begin with I use my editing software to cut out the parts I don't want. It came with my HDD Camcorder. After that I compile it and save it as the name I choose. Then i've been importing them into windows movie maker and using that to put information on the video. For instance this weekend I filmed a lot of dyno runs and I am trying to get one done for purduefarmboy with his name and truck info at the beginning. I have gotten that far, but when I go to "save project as" it only gives me the option of saving it as a windows movie maker project. I can't even find an option to save it as an avi or mpeg. After publishing the file extension is .mswmm and not .avi, .mpg, or whatever other file type that most websites accept. I'm gonna do some searching online and see what I can come up with.

As far as vista itself it's pretty cool. I haven't gotten deep enough into it yet. It is realy very nice, graphics are not so basic looking like the old systems. The laptop itself makes all the difference surfing the web, it's widescreen so it elminates having to scroll side to side like the old one I was using.
Old 04-17-2007, 07:12 PM
International Threat

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
you may have to export it if you're using window's movie maker - I use that and can't remember... but there's a definite way to save it to your hd as a regular movie file in which you can upload... I've done it abotu 12 times just for this site alone!
Old 04-17-2007, 07:46 PM

Well I don't know wtf I did differently but I got one uploaded to Diesel Movies. See this thread. It's a wmv. I swear that I did nothing differently than I did in the beginning, so i'm sitting here scratching my head. grrrrr..!!
Old 04-17-2007, 10:05 PM

Well I think I got it figured out now. Thanks for the help fellas!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.