If you need computer help... - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Computer Geeks Gaming, Servers, Code, everything computer...

User Tag List

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 Old 07-04-2009, 10:37 PM Thread Starter
Compression Ignition Addict
 
Zytek_Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Lewiston, ID
Posts: 2,220
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Thumbs up If you need computer help...

If you are ever in need of computer help, feel free to contact me by this thread or via PM.
I'm somewhat of an expert and I should be able to help you out.

And if you're ever looking to purchase a new computer, I'll be more than willing to help you make a good buying decision.

Zytek_Fan is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 15 Old 07-04-2009, 11:12 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 
DunesRunner08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Ft Lauderdale, FL
Posts: 5,838
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
yeah I need some help... my computer stopped playing sounds... i tried to download the audio drivers and that didnt work... it will play the sounds for like solitaire but it wont play any sound files like you tube or if I put a DVD in... just those basic sounds

Beware!!!! The King Has Returned
DunesRunner08 is offline  
post #3 of 15 Old 07-05-2009, 12:12 PM Thread Starter
Compression Ignition Addict
 
Zytek_Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Lewiston, ID
Posts: 2,220
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by DunesRunner08 View Post
yeah I need some help... my computer stopped playing sounds... i tried to download the audio drivers and that didnt work... it will play the sounds for like solitaire but it wont play any sound files like you tube or if I put a DVD in... just those basic sounds
Are you running Vista? The same thing happened to me.
Zytek_Fan is offline  
post #4 of 15 Old 07-05-2009, 02:06 PM Thread Starter
Compression Ignition Addict
 
Zytek_Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Lewiston, ID
Posts: 2,220
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
What I did was I went to device manager, found my soundcard and disabled it.
Then I restarted, went back to device manager and enabled my soundcard, restarted again and I had sound back.
Zytek_Fan is offline  
post #5 of 15 Old 07-05-2009, 02:10 PM
Cynic
 
Dirk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Fort Worth, Texas
Posts: 11,179
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 5 Times in 3 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I don't know the first thing about computers, diesels, or guns.


Keeping this bumped up for someone who may need help.

Best Car & Motorcycle Insurance | Auto/Moto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Voluntary Banishment: Knowing when to leave.
Total Diesel Performance\Unlimited Diesel Performance\Diesel Innovations\BTS\Terminator Engineering\Swamp's Diesel Performance\Black Widow Diesel\Calvert Racing
Dirk is offline  
post #6 of 15 Old 07-05-2009, 02:11 PM
Don't mind me



 
westcoaststrokin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Silverdale, WA
Posts: 27,591
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Thanks: 6
Thanked 21 Times in 16 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Skype™ to westcoaststrokin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirk View Post
I don't know the first thing about computers, diesels, or guns.


Keeping this bumped up for someone who may need help.
Nope Dirk you certainly don't.

Josh

04 F350 CC SB DRW IT HAS SOME STUFF

"Idiopathic, from the Latin meaning we're idiots cause we can't figure out what's causing it." House M.D.
westcoaststrokin is offline  
post #7 of 15 Old 07-05-2009, 08:04 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 
DunesRunner08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Ft Lauderdale, FL
Posts: 5,838
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
yeah you wanna walk me through that cuz I dont have a clue and yes i am on vista

Beware!!!! The King Has Returned
DunesRunner08 is offline  
post #8 of 15 Old 07-05-2009, 08:14 PM
I need money...
 
CADASH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Maple Hill NC, not Jacksonville!
Posts: 1,592
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zytek_Fan View Post
If you are ever in need of computer help, feel free to contact me by this thread or via PM.
I'm somewhat of an expert and I should be able to help you out.

And if you're ever looking to purchase a new computer, I'll be more than willing to help you make a good buying decision.

Im actually looking for one of those mini notebooks to run my AE software and my chip burning program. No games, no pictures and the internet only for online updates.

2002 F-250 Lariat CC 4x4
"Im Dan,my tranny hates me no more!!"
AFE Stage 2
Power Hungry Perfomance Custom 6 Pos chip
Suncoast tranny
EBPV Deleted
Isspro Boost,Tranny and EGT
4 Inch Turbo Back Straight
Air Dog 150
H2E
Adrenaline HPOP
6.0L Tranny Cooler
4 inch Rancho lift
FS-2500
Fluidampr
CADASH is offline  
post #9 of 15 Old 07-05-2009, 08:20 PM Thread Starter
Compression Ignition Addict
 
Zytek_Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Lewiston, ID
Posts: 2,220
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by CADASH View Post
Im actually looking for one of those mini notebooks to run my AE software and my chip burning program. No games, no pictures and the internet only for online updates.
My opinion on those mini notebooks (also called netbooks) is they are quite capable for doing as you say you will be, but other than just internet and light tasking, they aren't exactly worth it.
A lot of smaller notebooks (12-13 in. screen size) are similarly priced and do all that quite a bit faster.
If portability is your number one requirement, then by all-means go for a netbook, but if you want a little more power then I would look at some small notebooks. I'll point you in the direction of some.
Zytek_Fan is offline  
post #10 of 15 Old 07-05-2009, 08:24 PM
I need money...
 
CADASH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Maple Hill NC, not Jacksonville!
Posts: 1,592
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zytek_Fan View Post
My opinion on those mini notebooks (also called netbooks) is they are quite capable for doing as you say you will be, but other than just internet and light tasking, they aren't exactly worth it.
A lot of smaller notebooks (12-13 in. screen size) are similarly priced and do all that quite a bit faster.
If portability is your number one requirement, then by all-means go for a netbook, but if you want a little more power then I would look at some small notebooks. I'll point you in the direction of some.
Please point away!! Its for the above said software and to be brought whenever I go on a roadtrip in case something happens.

2002 F-250 Lariat CC 4x4
"Im Dan,my tranny hates me no more!!"
AFE Stage 2
Power Hungry Perfomance Custom 6 Pos chip
Suncoast tranny
EBPV Deleted
Isspro Boost,Tranny and EGT
4 Inch Turbo Back Straight
Air Dog 150
H2E
Adrenaline HPOP
6.0L Tranny Cooler
4 inch Rancho lift
FS-2500
Fluidampr
CADASH is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome