Colorado folks: what kind of tires do you roll? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2008, 02:13 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Colorado folks: what kind of tires do you roll?

Hey all,

I'm in the market for new tires. I haven't the slightest idea what brand/model of tire is best for me. We all know how the road conditions in Colorado are: In the summer they go from dry and hot in the morning to massive monsoons in the afternoon. In winter its a sheet of ice in the morning, and dry in the afternoon. How do you choose a tire?

I'm living near Aspen. Most of my miles are highway between here and Denver. In the summer I like to head up the Forest Service roads to do some camping. In the winter I drive more carefully, but snow or ice never stops me from going where I want to go.

I'd like to hear what you other guys roll. Whether you use one set year-round, or switch to snow tires in winter.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-28-2009, 07:13 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

tyres

go to tirerack.com for details Bridgestone Revos are excellant just bought new Firestone Destination A/T 285/75-16 E there just as good as revos maybe better and less money
Old 04-28-2009, 07:22 AM
Unapologetically American

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
I'm about to pruchase some Nitto Dura Grapplers. They are not an aggressive tire, but they look lik ethey'd be ok in the weather, especially considering the weight of these trucks. I have always liked the BFG AT', but they are too expensive for me, and they only carry a load range of 'D'. I don't pull too often, but I don't want to be hampered by the load range of the tire.

What are you planning on doing with your truck other than driving back and forth from Aspen. I have the stock POS Conti's and I can't wait to get rid of them!
Old 04-29-2009, 06:17 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

I currently have the longtrails that I assume came with the truck new. They have some miles on them, so I am not looking for anything new at the moment. Maybe next spring.

I ran Revo's on my last truck. Loved the traction when they were new. I lost couple MPG with them though. As they got old the got LOUD!! The first 15 - 20k miles were ok, but they started getting pretty bad after that. By 40k miles, they were terrible. I don't think I will get them again.

I was happy with the couple of sets of BFG ATs I have had, but didn't know they don't make them in our load range.
Old 04-29-2009, 06:21 PM

BFG's has a good load rating on there tires. I like my toyo mt's but they might be a little agressive for you. I think BFG's are the best ice/snow tire you can get but they dont wear very good i dont think. I live in wyoming... but close enough.
Old 04-29-2009, 08:56 PM

I'm running the stockers right now but fixing to throw some 41" Iroks on. I ran BFG AT's on a previous truck and they were great. had 42k miles on them when I sold the truck. All miles in Colorado over 2 years and a few road trips.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.