Recommend a good shop in the Springs? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-2012, 08:19 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recommend a good shop in the Springs?

I've decided to get the head studs and gaskets replaced on the 6.0. 2005CCLB and 115k on the clock. She was puking pretty good over La Veta Pass and Wolf Creek Pass last week. Now the coolant pressure jumps up pretty fast when you get on the throttle, so I think the gaskets have gotten worse.

Can anyone recommend a good shop to use in the Springs? What about a good machine shop?

Thanks in advance,

MikeB
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-02-2012, 10:11 AM
PROUD AMERICAN!!!

Feedback Score: 6 reviews
There is PCD (Patterson Custom Diesel), but I have heard mixed stories about them. There is another diesel shop, but I forgot the name and haven't heard much about them.

I will ask a few people and see what I can find out for ya.
Old 07-23-2012, 06:27 AM

Anything new? I an looking to get some work done likewise ... When I have the moneys.
Old 07-23-2012, 06:44 AM

Sign me up! Ive been told to check out Pueblo Diesel and injection??? (may not have that right). I would love to take it to Eleite in Dever but thats 4 hours away...
And if you went over La Veta pass you drove right past me!
Old 07-23-2012, 10:07 PM

SOBX,

I have seen one of your other posts, but I don't recall what your issue is... can you refresh my memory?

I wound up using Front Range on North Nevada and Geddes machine shop for the heads. I dumped a bucket of money into the thing right before I went to the Black Hills and no more puking!

I feel like Front Range gave me a decent deal (18 hours labor for head studs/gaskets/standpipes/dummy plugs). However, they also said that 6.0L heads don't usually need to be machined. I didn't listen based on what I have read here and took them to be machined. The machine shop said that pretty much every 6.0L head they see has cracked exhaust valve seats and the surface is too rough to get a good seal (even if they are flat). Sooo.... bottom line is educate the hell out of yourself and get done what you want to have done, don't leave it up to the shop to decide for oyu. The owner at Front Range is easy to work with and will do what you want to have done.

I made the mistake of getting in a hurry and let the shop buy all my parts. If I had more time I could have saved $400 on parts, but I am stoopid.

MikeB
Old 07-25-2012, 07:50 PM

I'm pretty stupid too! 6500 is the quote for heads, stand pipe, studs, gaskets, turbo clean, bulletproof egr, oil cooler, batteries, coolant filter, and fluids.

Sent from my SGH-T769 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Old 10-25-2012, 02:51 PM

Pcd is a good shop, I use to work there before I moved, Jared is a real good guy, he'll take care of you and work with you on prices
Old 01-13-2013, 11:27 AM

while i haven't had any work done by them yet, performance plus on powers and galley leaves a very good impression. they do a full vehicle diagnostic for $170 and shop rates are $89/hour. they seemed pretty knowledgeable when i spoke to them over the phone. currently my truck is at phil long chapel hills but only because they're doing the diag for free. i dont recommend phil long for anything to anyone. i've had too many issues with them keeping their word about things. on top of that they like to talk s#$t about their customers then lie to your face when you confront them about it cause you overheard the whole conversation (happened to me on friday).
Old 01-16-2013, 09:19 AM
PROUD AMERICAN!!!

Feedback Score: 6 reviews
I've never heard much good about Phil Long either. I have only dealt with them when get parts, as a last resort, and getting the work 6.0 reflashed.
Old 01-16-2013, 01:22 PM

Recomened to me by a "real" mech buddy...Hutcheson Performance 2815 gunnison st. or Legends Motorworks Zane is the owner nice guy also a Hill climber.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.