Hello Co. - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-29-2011, 08:39 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Hello Co.

Hi, my family and I will be moving to the Springs in Aug. I was wondering if the Springs area trucks or cars need to be smogged? Will I need to install my Kat back on my truck? Do you know if they will do a inspection on any of that stuff? Also how is the fishing in the area? I have a 18ft Duckworth and I was told it was to big for the lakes there. I can't believe that would be true, any input on that? Also does anyone know of a safe place for storage for a 34' camp trailer and a 18' boat? We may be making a run up in July and will need to store it for a year or so until we get a place. Can't wait to get out and do some exploring. My father-in-law always says this is Gods Country and that's why he will die there.
Any info on the High school called Rampart? We are looking at this school to put our kid in.
Thanks, Lance
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-29-2011, 08:44 PM
CSP Resident Spooby

I don't think the Springs has emissions, but I could be wrong. I live in Loveland so what do I know

Go check out the Centennial State Powerstrokes chapter, it's the section of the org dedicated to CO. We have a lot of Springs members that could tell you for sure.

Centennial State Powerstrokes - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

The CSP chat thread always has a few members hangin out in there that could give you the answer you need
Old 06-29-2011, 10:16 PM

Thanks.....i almost made it to loveland 17 yr ago with my lady tell she got sick and we spent the rest of our trip in the er in the springs. So i want to hit loveland to check it out.
Old 06-30-2011, 05:17 AM
CSP Resident Spooby

That's a crummy way to spend a trip for sure. Loveland is nice, I've grown up here and love it. The only thing I don't like is the area I live in has developed a lot It used to be cornfields as far as you can see, now it's all housing developments
Old 07-01-2011, 06:25 PM
PROUD AMERICAN!!!

Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Yes, diesels need to have emission testing done here in El Paso county. It all depends on what year rig ya got as far as what you need to have on your truck.

As far as Rampart.... hmmmmm.... yeah well from what I hear around here, that is one of the schools that has more money and an issue with higher heroin usage amongst the kids. I know every school has their issues with stuff like that, but I hear that is one of their biggest drug problems.

I am here in the springs, so hit me up if you have any other questions.
Old 07-01-2011, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattlesnake18 View Post
Yes, diesels need to have emission testing done here in El Paso county. It all depends on what year rig ya got as far as what you need to have on your truck.

As far as Rampart.... hmmmmm.... yeah well from what I hear around here, that is one of the schools that has more money and an issue with higher heroin usage amongst the kids. I know every school has their issues with stuff like that, but I hear that is one of their biggest drug problems.

I am here in the springs, so hit me up if you have any other questions.
Thanks Rattlesnake, i have read bad things about Wasson High. We will up there July 18th for the week dropping off our trailer and looking for work, then will be moving up the first part of Aug. I have an 04 and it did have the kat on her but no longer, is the smog test do every year? if so dont know if it worth taking it off and on every year.
Old 07-02-2011, 09:07 AM
PROUD AMERICAN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaydayMay View Post
Thanks Rattlesnake, i have read bad things about Wasson High. We will up there July 18th for the week dropping off our trailer and looking for work, then will be moving up the first part of Aug. I have an 04 and it did have the kat on her but no longer, is the smog test do every year? if so dont know if it worth taking it off and on every year.
Yeah Wasson is a rougher one. I stand corrected on Rampart, I was thinking of Cheyenne high school. I think Rampart is one of the better ones. As for the inspection, yes, you will have to have it done every year. You could always buy a used cat and hollow it out and install it and never have to mess with it again, or you could fab up a cat that you can take on and off for inspections.
Old 07-05-2011, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattlesnake18 View Post
Yeah Wasson is a rougher one. I stand corrected on Rampart, I was thinking of Cheyenne high school. I think Rampart is one of the better ones. As for the inspection, yes, you will have to have it done every year. You could always buy a used cat and hollow it out and install it and never have to mess with it again, or you could fab up a cat that you can take on and off for inspections.
I see you have the same year truck......what do you do with your kat? i have had mine off they day i got her, and cant remember how much my EGT drop. I talk to my exhaust guy and he said he could get it reinstalled for me.
Old 07-05-2011, 07:03 PM
PROUD AMERICAN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaydayMay View Post
I see you have the same year truck......what do you do with your kat? i have had mine off they day i got her, and cant remember how much my EGT drop. I talk to my exhaust guy and he said he could get it reinstalled for me.
Ssshhhh... . I locked the cat in the garage where it belongs, I only let the pesky thing out when the time is necessary.
Old 07-28-2011, 05:41 PM

Well made it to the Springs with no problems with the truck did hit some hard winds in Wyoming and got 5.5 mpg pulling the trailer. So is it normal to have really bad turbo lag? or will it take some time for the truck to get us to the elevation and start running better? Back in Oregon now then making the trip again but moving all of our **** and leaving the truck and boat behind tell Oct. Can't wait to get back to our new life in Co.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.