Camping trip? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2010, 10:49 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Derek@VisionDiesel Send a message via Yahoo to Derek@VisionDiesel
Camping trip?

Northwest MNG ?

I found this somehow because people were posting in very old threads, but i love the idea!!! Who wants to go camping? It doesnt need to be an official event but any weekend from here on out i am open to going. Maybe 2 nights, we can camp a night, drive to another place, camp another night.

I think it would be a lot of fun to site see and get to know everyone a little better!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-02-2010, 07:11 AM
Shade tree mechanic

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I go camping about 5-6 times a year starting early spring. That is when the Columbia basin sled pullers diesel sled pulls calendar comes out. It is held in Moses Lake and is one hell of an event. Me, the old lady, and a few of my other diesel freinds always make a three day weekend out of it(thurs.-sunday) n sled pulls are always held on Saturday... I will post this years schedule in a new thread when it is released.
Old 03-02-2010, 11:51 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Send a message via AIM to Derek@VisionDiesel Send a message via Yahoo to Derek@VisionDiesel
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95dieselsmoke View Post
I go camping about 5-6 times a year starting early spring. That is when the Columbia basin sled pullers diesel sled pulls calendar comes out. It is held in Moses Lake and is one hell of an event. Me, the old lady, and a few of my other diesel freinds always make a three day weekend out of it(thurs.-sunday) n sled pulls are always held on Saturday... I will post this years schedule in a new thread when it is released.
alright matt sounds good. I was just trying to get a feel for if anyone was wanting to go here pretty soon. Just like a 2-3 day weekend. I could bring my boat (26' duckworth) and we could fish and what not
Old 03-02-2010, 05:35 PM
Still Alive

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Skype™ to westcoaststrokin
We are always down with a camping trip.

Derek where did you get your boat and how do you like it?
Old 03-02-2010, 06:57 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoaststrokin View Post
We are always down with a camping trip.

Derek where did you get your boat and how do you like it?
Bought it up in Kent, Washington actually. I love it to death but its not much of an all out fishing boat. Its more of a luxury boat so i dont like that much, im more of a fisherman. I might sell it and buy a jet sled and then get a wakeboard boat also so i can have best of both worlds.

When could you go camping though? lets get some guys together and go!
Old 03-02-2010, 07:02 PM
Still Alive

I am out until probably sometime in May. So I guess right now I wouldn't be much help. But while I have the chance this summer it is game on.

Oh and I am in market for a boat myself right now and am just trying to decide what I want.
Old 03-02-2010, 07:29 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Quote:
I am out until probably sometime in May. So I guess right now I wouldn't be much help. But while I have the chance this summer it is game on.

Oh and I am in market for a boat myself right now and am just trying to decide what I want.
well what are you looking to do with it? Do you want a fishing boat? A leisure boat you can sometimes fish out of? A lake boat? A wakeboard boat?

Tell me what your main uses for it will be and i'll help you out bud
Old 03-02-2010, 07:32 PM
Still Alive

I want a boat that I can take to the San Juan's with the family, Fish out of and run the Snake River in. I am leaning towards a Duckworth or a Thunder Jet right now. It has to be at least 24' though.
Old 03-02-2010, 07:35 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Quote:
I want a boat that I can take to the San Juan's with the family, Fish out of and run the Snake River in. I am leaning towards a Duckworth or a Thunder Jet right now. It has to be at least 24' though.
yeah well from my experience having this boat I wouldnt request it to someone who is avid about having space. Its got an inboard and prop so that part makes fishing and river running more of a challenge.

if i had to buy the perfect fishing boat for myself i would get a thunder jet with a 225hp outboard and a pump. leave the entire thing open and have camping chairs i can throw in if i need more seating. Also don't get carpet (mine has carpet). Dont get a hard top (mine has that and the wind pushes you all around)....

Basically i have learned its better to have removable furniture in the boat. Having to many places to sit and not enough people to fill them is just annoying and it gets in the way.
Old 03-02-2010, 07:38 PM
Still Alive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strokeorcroak View Post
yeah well from my experience having this boat I wouldnt request it to someone who is avid about having space. Its got an inboard and prop so that part makes fishing and river running more of a challenge.

if i had to buy the perfect fishing boat for myself i would get a thunder jet with a 225hp outboard and a pump. leave the entire thing open and have camping chairs i can throw in if i need more seating. Also don't get carpet (mine has carpet). Dont get a hard top (mine has that and the wind pushes you all around)....

Basically i have learned its better to have removable furniture in the boat. Having to many places to sit and not enough people to fill them is just annoying and it gets in the way.

Yeah I am looking at the O/S versions. That way I can change the outdrive to pump when needed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.