Want to run something passed y'all, input please! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Centennial State Powerstrokes Colorado Chapter area of the ORG

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2011, 05:58 PM
live for the now

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Want to run something passed y'all, input please!

Today while driving around town I realized how many homeless people are on Colorado springs. We saw a guy by the one Walmart. Very young (early 20's), dirty, shivering, and just plain down on his luck. He was holding a sign. "cold, and hungry. Want a sleeping bag to stay warm. But anything helps" so the wife reminded me we have an extra sleeping bag good to 0* Fahrenheit at the house. So we ran home and got it and took it all the way back to him. His eyes sparkled and tested up as we gave it to him. We felt good.

One of my soldiers, was driving in town today and came across an older woman sleeping in a sleeping bag along the road. Even though they live paycheck to paycheck, they went and got her a meal. They feel good that they helped someone in need.

Giving is contagious.

My thought is this. Why don't we as a group get things that they may need to survive, not just food, but clothing, sleeping bags whatever you don't use any more and go out together and hand it to the less fortunate? Give back to your fellow man. What do y'all think?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-04-2011, 01:47 PM
PROUD AMERICAN!!!

Feedback Score: 6 reviews
hmmmmm... It depends.
Old 12-04-2011, 02:02 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
It's a good thing to help people when you can but be careful. When you have nothing to lose it's easy to rip off others and justify it.

I saw a homeless guy (around 25) that was hitch hiking and picked him up. He had a good story and was sleeping in the woods near my home. I gave him a ride to the store and bought him some food then took him back to my place and gave him my sleeping bag and some cloths. (I felt good)

I told him he could come over the next day and cut down some brush for me and I would pay him $10 an hour. He came buy (late) and worked only 2 hrs and quit wanting $30. I told him he needed a watch and if he really wanted to get out of his situation he needed to work longer than 2 hrs. I paid him $20 and he left. (I didn't feel so good)

The next day I noticed my chainsaw and tools were gone. I also noticed a laptop in my office was gone. (I didn't feel too good)

Seems he was wanted by the law for just about everything and had ripped off a lot of people. You can't help someone who doesn't want to help themselves....

There are a lot of good people who are in bad shape now and most of them have families. Find out from the local church or your local bar who they are and maybe give up some money, food, cloths or what ever you can to help them. A single guy at the side of the road is not a good choice...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.