Are you or anyone you know looking for a house? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Centennial State Powerstrokes Colorado Chapter area of the ORG

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2011, 05:56 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Are you or anyone you know looking for a house?

Hey everyone.

One of the reasons I haven't been aound much is I am trying to get my house ready to put on the market. I want to move to a place with some land around here.

I expect I will be listing with a realtor shortly, but thought I would see if anyone here knows someone that might be interested in buying first. I would sell to them for less than I will list at, and provide you with a gernerous finders fee. ($1,000)

It is in Longmont, 3 bed, 2 bath, very large yard with back yard access (I can get my truck in the back yard and turn it around). 3 1/2 car garage with the extra bay set up with cabinets, shelves and a 100 amp sub panel. Deck, patio, hot tub, second driveway for RV/Boats/more cars... Almost everything is updated, including paint, windows and soon to be carpet. House is wired for network. New 120 sq foot Teds Shed.

All for less than 200k. (Apply the standard my loss is someones gain statement here. )
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-01-2011, 06:11 AM
Unapologetically American

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Son of a b!tch Kevin! I'd LOVE to, but I have a house already and its def not a good time to sell, in my neighborhood. I wouldn't know what to do with a 'real' shop

Good luck with the sale bud!

I too want some property with my next home . I'm hoping to find house prices level out for both resale, and new purchases soon. I'd love to have at least 5 acres, more is better though
Old 04-01-2011, 06:36 AM

I hear that about it being a bad time to sell. My hope is that I can get into a place with 5+ acres (2 minimum) that has lost more value thanmy current place has.

Of course, if I can't sell my current place for more than I owe, I am staying.
Old 04-01-2011, 06:38 AM

Yeah, I've thought about renting mine out, but the risks of douchebag renters scares the chit out of me. Plus, I like my neighbors
Old 04-01-2011, 06:46 AM

I have had a rental before. One set of renters were terrible, one were great. I don't want to expose my neighbors to that either.
Old 04-01-2011, 06:52 AM

I've seen a few terrible stories of bad renters. My uncle and a neighbor

My neighbor had to replace ALL the carpet in the house and clean that pigs mess up after shes skipped town on him . My uncle had smaller issues, but it was still a PITA

We just installed Hickory hardwoods in the house too, I'd probably shoot any renter that trashed it
Old 04-01-2011, 07:24 AM

Something to consider: if you can sell your current house and not lose money, it might be to your advantage to do so if you can find a house that has lost a lot of it's value due to the market. Of course I say that not knowing how much you put down on your current house, how much you owe, or how much it's depreciated.

Another option would be a rent to own for your current house. Ask someone to put 15% or more down and charge them monthly rent with a written contract stating that when they can secure a mortgage, they will buy your home. If they walk, you have their 15%.

Lots of variables and far too much to type, but feel free to shoot me a PM.

BTW, it sounds like an awesome house!
Old 04-01-2011, 07:28 AM

Rent to own is a good idea! They will take care of the place if they have money tied up in it, and eventually will purchase
Old 04-01-2011, 07:30 AM

If done right, the rent to own can be a pretty sweet deal for everyone involved.
Old 04-01-2011, 07:32 AM

I will lose money when I sell this one, but should be able to cover all the costs and put something in my pocket. I am balancing that with the idea that the places I am looking at cost more, and are down more. This might be my only opportunity for years to move into a place with land on the front range at a price I can afford.

I don't think I want to deal with a rent to own, but my mind might change depending on how the attempt to sell goes. My VA loan makes some of that more complex.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.