Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

PHP FICM remote reprogrammer

2K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  dannanw 
#1 ·
:thumb:
I recieved my FICM reprogrammer wed and am getting ready to install it. I just need to talk to Bill at PHP to decide which program to put in. He has two available, one with injectors cycling and one without. Thinking, because of the weather here, I should install the one that cycles the injectors but I will let him help me make that decision. :confused:
:icon_ford:
Starting this thread to keep everyone informed on install and any changes
:icon_ford:

#3 ·
Awesome Lonny! Please do keep us informed. Nick has been talking to several of us about the PHP reprogrammer and we would be interested in how it works out for you.

#4 ·
Yup, talked to Bill and he said to install the non buzz one first. So HOPEFULLY today I will put it in.
:nod:

#5 ·
Update

Background:
This is pretty much a stock truck. I have a 4" exhaust put on to try and help keep EGT's down. The same time I put a BD exhaust brake in. I also have a CFM+ intake elbow I picked up cheap so I put it in. Tried the Quadzilla module with guages, however the module didn't work so its gone and all I'm left with is the guages.
On a run from Denver to Missouri I was able to get MPG up to 16. Normally I can get 14-15 driving around town or to and from work. Towing puts me about 10-11 MPG going from Denver to Moab. All Hand. Towing cab-over and my jeep on a trailer (21,000 lbs). All MPG were hand calculated.

I installed the PHP FICM reprogrammer today. Only had trouble identifing the FICM relay. Its labeled IDM realy and its by the left hand hood hinge. All in all the install was a piece of cake.

First impressions:
SMOOOTH and I mean SMOOOTH. At idle with the doo open I cant even see the door vibrate like it used to. On the road it still feels the same. Doesnt feel like it changed the turbo lag, and everything feels the same. I will try to dive it as much as I can this week to see if there is a change in MPG. I'll keep everyone posted. Will aslo try a cold start tomorrow morning and see how that is. I didn't install the "buzz" flash so lets see. I also have some programs ordered from PHP for the 6.0 but I will wait a week or two, to check MPG, before putting them in.

:thumb::thumb:

#6 ·
I tried to email PHP a couple weeks ago but never heard from them I was wanting to no when and a couple other buddy's could do this looking forward to hearing some more feedback on this.

#7 ·
Good stuff Lonny! Be sure to keep us posted on you gains or losses please :thumb:

I have the injector buzz, and its pretty much just annoying :dunno:. I don't have any cold start issues though, so take that for what its worth :dunno:

#8 ·
Update

Went out and started her this morning WITHOUT A PROBLEM. Temps were in the high 30's to low 40's. Now for the milage test :)

#11 ·
Problem after problem. Gotta love the 6.0
Soooo.... After I did the PHP FICM reprogram I went and installed a Bullet rpoof diesel egr cooler and oil cooler (had overheating issues) and thats when everythiong went down hill. Had to tear the top end off three times to get it all sealed (BD plugs had the leaks, should have checked them before intalling it) :doh:
So that lasted a couple of months. THEN it would not start cold :dunno: tried swamps FICM rebuild 58v ?(higher voltage one). Still no start. Ended up replacing glow plug controll module. Now it starts great.
Spent some time clearing codes including EBP sensor problem (wasnt the sensor but the exhaust brake wiring problem working with BD diesel on this)
NOW I am fighting injector problems :doh::doh::doh::doh:
I am going to change the oil and use REV-x and see if that helps. I will try to keep you guys posted but remember this is NOT my daily driver so it can sit for weeks without a problem.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.