CSP chat thread - Page 11 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Centennial State Powerstrokes Colorado Chapter area of the ORG

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree35Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2010, 07:30 AM
Unapologetically American

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by BGJ View Post
Nick, what ya goin 2 smoke?? I know you like to fish. We go to Powell every year. Went twice last year, really hammered the stripers on the firs trip. I'm talkin 3 & 4 pounders. They eat almost as good as walleye. Caught one of those as well. U ever go there??
Never been to Powell Bruce, but if they taste like a Walleye, I'm in . I just got into the smoking thing last eyar,a nd haven't done a ton of it, with good results . So, my successes so far have been jerky, Salmon fillets. I did ok with the 10 lb turkey I did, but after finishing the cooking in the oven, I cooked it too long or it would have been great. I also cooked a Pheasant that time too, and it was even dryer. I like to watch the cooking shows, especially when it BBQ. I want a pit filled with ribs, chicken, and whatever else we feel like. Salmon is all about teh brine, whether dry or wet, and how long you marinate it for. I got some great tips from another forum I'm on, and both my wife and I LOVE the way it turned out

I want the big BBQ pit for parties at our house, like our 4th of July party . Cigars, beer, and good food, that's what I want people to say when they describe our party

IMHO, Independence Day isn't celebrated like it should be anymore. We get the yard all decorated in red white and blue
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-28-2010, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattlesnake18 View Post
Where is Powell bruce? i really want to go catch some bigger fish this season... striper, walleye, pike.... love catchin trout but i want a better fight
Its in Utah Jeff. Its a huge lake out there, that many people vacation to for jetskiing, and living on house boats for their whole trip. I had a friend that used to go there every year, that's the only reason I know what they do.

I do wonder how one would fish that lake though. I wonder if it looks like Chatfield on a 90* day, with dumbazzes flying all over the place on their ski's and in their jet boats
Old 02-28-2010, 07:49 AM
PROUD AMERICAN!!!

Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Yeah I don't like trying to fish lakes like that. A lot of people on a lake acting like idiots is not my idea of a good time. i smoked some pheasant before and mine came out a little dry as well. luckily my brother and 2 other friends are damn near pit masters. i have been trying to learn from them. i was talking to them about entering one of those pit master challenges like you see on tv... i think it would be real cool to get a booth and smoke food all weekend
Old 02-28-2010, 07:51 AM
PROUD AMERICAN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2006PSDSD View Post

IMHO, Independence Day isn't celebrated like it should be anymore.
Old 02-28-2010, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Luckily my brother and 2 other friends are damn near pit masters. i have been trying to learn from them. i was talking to them about entering one of those pit master challenges like you see on tv... i think it would be real cool to get a booth and smoke food all weekend
Hell yeah, that would be a kick in the azz

Maybe they can make it to some g2g's so I could pick their brains about their pit master status
Old 02-28-2010, 08:04 AM
PROUD AMERICAN!!!

Quote:
Hell yeah, that would be a kick in the azz

Maybe they can make it to some g2g's so I could pick their brains about their pit master status
Ohhh yeah... One of them, my friend brian= bstrokin40, has introduced himself before on one of our other threads. he works as a cook on a gas rig in parachute, 2 weeks on 2 weeks off. he is looking for a psd and wants to join the chapter and pick y'alls brain about the trucks. looks like an information trade to me... you tell him you will answer his questions only after he answers yours... anyways, i told him we needed chapter cook for all our g2gs and he said he would love to sit around with good people, good trucks, and cook some great food.
Old 02-28-2010, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Ohhh yeah... One of them, my friend brian= bstrokin40, has introduced himself before on one of our other threads. he works as a cook on a gas rig in parachute, 2 weeks on 2 weeks off. he is looking for a psd and wants to join the chapter and pick y'alls brain about the trucks. looks like an information trade to me... you tell him you will answer his questions only after he answers yours... anyways, i told him we needed chapter cook for all our g2gs and he said he would love to sit around with good people, good trucks, and cook some great food.
Hell yeah! I welcomed him on that other thread . Maybe we'll make another officer position, Club cook . You should tell him about this thread, so he can be in the newer conversations. He's right out there by Bruce and Randy when he's working, I'm pretty sure
Old 02-28-2010, 08:15 AM
PROUD AMERICAN!!!

Quote:
Hell yeah! I welcomed him on that other thread . Maybe we'll make another officer position, Club cook . You should tell him about this thread, so he can be in the newer conversations. He's right out there by Bruce and Randy when he's working, I'm pretty sure
I sent a pm this morning telling him about this thread Centennial State Powerstrokes Chef... sounds like a new position... I want to take on another position along with my current one. Asst Historian/Official Beer Drinker.
Old 02-28-2010, 08:23 AM

Quote:
I sent a pm this morning telling him about this thread Centennial State Powerstrokes Chef... sounds like a new position... I want to take on another position along with my current one. Asst Historian/Official Beer Drinker.
Good deal . I talked with Austin about adding him to the group
Old 02-28-2010, 09:32 AM
PROUD AMERICAN!!!

Quote:
Good deal . I talked with Austin about adding him to the group
Cool... let me know what he says
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
csp chat, gnomes galore

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.