Where to go and Local info? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Centennial State Powerstrokes Colorado Chapter area of the ORG

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2010, 09:48 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Thumbs up Where to go and Local info?

Ok so I wanted to start this thread so that we can all find Parts or Information about Colorado.

For example whats one of the best lakes around here? or for me currently I am looking at getting rims and I have found the ones I want but I dono where to get them (link below is my post thought I'd ask you guys). Its just to help all of us Colorado people out to find what we want

Jesse James Lawless 8's I NEED TWO

Last edited by MtHigh250; 02-20-2010 at 10:14 AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-20-2010, 10:04 AM
Bring On The Snow

Send a message via AIM to SuperDutyPSD6L
Well to get things started I will just give some suggestions on things that I do and people I use around here.
I spend a lot of time in grand county/steamboat, there is all kinds of stuff to do there. For me its going out on my quad but you can fish, hunt, pretty much anything u wanna do outdoors. When we go to the lake to go boating we go to Glendo in Wyoming cuz Colorado is not good for boaters at all.
Some services I use for my truck is
Four to Go located in Wheat Ridge-The can usually get any accesories that I want.
Five-R trucks and trailers in Golden for anything that Four to go cant get.
AC Transmission in Golden for all my transmission needs
Omera Ford for all warranty work and a private guy that I use in Loveland for all my other needs for the diesel(He is an ex master tech)
We buy our trucks from Sil-Ter Har in broomfield.
And I DO NOT , I repeat DO NOT go to ATS for ANYTHING nor do I suggest ever going to ATS.
Oh and I use Collins Muffler in Loveland for all my Exhaust needs. Best exhaust work I have ever seen!

Ok thats all I got for the moment lol I didnt really know what to say so I just threw some stuff out there. All the business I listed I use because of the people and owners of those shops. Great ppl great customer service.

Last edited by SuperDutyPSD6L; 02-20-2010 at 10:09 AM.
Old 02-20-2010, 10:16 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

That's a whole lot of good info. Now that's what I am talking about. As I say "its not what you know, its who you know" lol
Old 02-20-2010, 11:05 AM
Unapologetically American

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperDutyPSD6L View Post
Well to get things started I will just give some suggestions on things that I do and people I use around here.
I spend a lot of time in grand county/steamboat, there is all kinds of stuff to do there. For me its going out on my quad but you can fish, hunt, pretty much anything u wanna do outdoors. When we go to the lake to go boating we go to Glendo in Wyoming cuz Colorado is not good for boaters at all.
Some services I use for my truck is
Four to Go located in Wheat Ridge-The can usually get any accesories that I want.
Five-R trucks and trailers in Golden for anything that Four to go cant get.
AC Transmission in Golden for all my transmission needs
Omera Ford for all warranty work and a private guy that I use in Loveland for all my other needs for the diesel(He is an ex master tech)
We buy our trucks from Sil-Ter Har in broomfield.
And I DO NOT , I repeat DO NOT go to ATS for ANYTHING nor do I suggest ever going to ATS.
Oh and I use Collins Muffler in Loveland for all my Exhaust needs. Best exhaust work I have ever seen!

Ok thats all I got for the moment lol I didnt really know what to say so I just threw some stuff out there. All the business I listed I use because of the people and owners of those shops. Great ppl great customer service.
What's wrong with ATS?

they suck, and I have a sticker on my truck to remove when we get our club decals done . I also have a great shop that I like to use.... My driveway, I do all my own maintenence, except for the tranny flush, which one day will be a thing of the past when I put a 6spd handshaker in it . My neighbor takes his work truck (07 6.0) to Advanced Auto in Golden, Greg is a really bright guy, and has cut my neighbor some great deals. He also stands behind eveything he does
Old 02-20-2010, 11:21 AM
Bring On The Snow

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2006PSDSD View Post
What's wrong with ATS?

they suck, and I have a sticker on my truck to remove when we get our club decals done . I also have a great shop that I like to use.... My driveway, I do all my own maintenence, except for the tranny flush, which one day will be a thing of the past when I put a 6spd handshaker in it . My neighbor takes his work truck (07 6.0) to Advanced Auto in Golden, Greg is a really bright guy, and has cut my neighbor some great deals. He also stands behind eveything he does
My driveway is a good shop as well I just do my oil and fuel filters and install accesories I let everone else deal with the rest lol. I have looked into advanced auto and was gonna try them out if the time comes that I need somethin. My ex girlfriends parents take all their cars there (they live up the street) and have always said they did good work but then again they are Obama fans so I didnt listen to much of what they say lol. Im glad to see someone else likes that shop
Old 02-20-2010, 01:52 PM

Quote:
My driveway is a good shop as well I just do my oil and fuel filters and install accesories I let everone else deal with the rest lol. I have looked into advanced auto and was gonna try them out if the time comes that I need somethin. My ex girlfriends parents take all their cars there (they live up the street) and have always said they did good work but then again they are Obama fans so I didnt listen to much of what they say lol. Im glad to see someone else likes that shop
I did some work for the owner, on his waste oil furnace, and shot the chit with him a for a while. I picked his brain a little too, and he knows the 6.0. He's a little exuberant though about maintenence, so I think he tries to push that on his customers, which isn't all that bad, but after he told me that he's flushed the tranny on his 08, like 3 times in30k, I knew he was a little crazy, lol. He's still a nice guy though, that's why I sent my neighbor his way. His tranny flush with BG fluid was like $425, I almost pooped myself

Oh yeah, never trust an obama lover, and capitalizing a name or word, has to show some significance. As you can see, I NEVER capitalize that usurpers name :hehe
Old 02-20-2010, 04:17 PM
Bring On The Snow

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2006PSDSD View Post
I did some work for the owner, on his waste oil furnace, and shot the chit with him a for a while. I picked his brain a little too, and he knows the 6.0. He's a little exuberant though about maintenence, so I think he tries to push that on his customers, which isn't all that bad, but after he told me that he's flushed the tranny on his 08, like 3 times in30k, I knew he was a little crazy, lol. He's still a nice guy though, that's why I sent my neighbor his way. His tranny flush with BG fluid was like $425, I almost pooped myself

Oh yeah, never trust an obama lover, and capitalizing a name or word, has to show some significance. As you can see, I NEVER capitalize that usurpers name :hehe
Hahaha I don't capitalize his name either my damn phone does it for me lol drives me nuts !
Old 02-20-2010, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Hahaha I don't capitalize his name either my damn phone does it for me lol drives me nuts !
Commie phone
Old 02-20-2010, 08:51 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

x2 on the ATS comments. STAY AWAY from that place. They really did a number on a friend of mine 6.0. Long story short... Pretty much ruined it, and then blamed him for it. Not good.

As far as services, I am not sure. I do all of my own work. I am really picky about someone else touching my stuff. I grew up working on vehicles with my dad and not really intimidated to dive in and fix my own stuff.

As far as getting Jesse James wheels... Maybe check Coys Wheel and Tire in Denver. They might have them. I am not sure, its been a long time since I have been there.
Old 02-20-2010, 08:57 PM
Serving Our Country!

as far as a place to take your truck to get fixed go to an ads certified shop i live in pueblo and we (pueblo diesel injection) are the only ads certified shop in our area. All the shops stand by their warrantys and if your on the road in a diffrent state you can go to any ads shop and get the warranty taken care of it just gets billed to the original shop. just my 2 cents
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.