Newbie Monroe/Wa - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
The Cascade Coal Rollers Oregon and Washington members of Powerstroke.org Chapter Area

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2014, 08:58 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Newbie Monroe/Wa

In the process of building my 2004 cclb, my motor puked the oil cooler last july, cant afford to take it to a shop so I'm in pretty deep, always been a cummins guy, but $7,500 for a lariat CC is hard to turn down, so far I've been ordering all my stuff from Vision diesel in Or. ARP'S factory mls gaskets,DRP egr delete,blue spring,6.4 banjos,SCT livewire,sinister coolant filter sys,58v FICM,new lifters etc, done all this with cab on, till I figured the motor had to come out to do the lifters.

I know I'm going to run into problems putting this together, and I'm gonna be nervous as F*** turning the key for the first time, but I need help figuring what inj to run? Vision says rebuild mine for $900 155cc stock nozzles IDK? or do I go Warren, injectors? these are a crucial big thing to these 6.0 I am on a budget of about $1,200 whats a good way to go? I did have 3 bad injectors to begin with when I first bought it.

Any help would be great.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-09-2014, 09:02 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malardman31 View Post
In the process of building my 2004 cclb, my motor puked the oil cooler last july, cant afford to take it to a shop so I'm in pretty deep, always been a cummins guy, but $7,500 for a lariat CC is hard to turn down, so far I've been ordering all my stuff from Vision diesel in Or. ARP'S factory mls gaskets,DRP egr delete,blue spring,6.4 banjos,SCT livewire,sinister coolant filter sys,58v FICM,new lifters etc, done all this with cab on, till I figured the motor had to come out to do the lifters.

I know I'm going to run into problems putting this together, and I'm gonna be nervous as F*** turning the key for the first time, but I need help figuring what inj to run? Vision says rebuild mine for $900 155cc stock nozzles IDK? or do I go Warren, injectors? these are a crucial big thing to these 6.0 I am on a budget of about $1,200 whats a good way to go? I did have 3 bad injectors to begin with when I first bought it.

Any help would be great.
Welcome! Check out this. The CCR place is a good place to chat for help.

It's really easy to join.
Here is what needs to be done to join.

All you have to do is try to stay active in the Chat Thread, try to make Gtg's if you can and put the logo in your sig. Here is the link and how to do it if you don't know how. Towards the top you will see "USER CP" click it. From there you can click "Edit Signature" on the left hand side. From there you can put your name and what ever info you like about your truck and also add this link to it using the insert image button.
-http://www.powerstroke.org/forum/signaturepics/sigpic138659_2.gif-
Just take a look at some of our signatures to get an idea of what you would like to do.

Also, our chapter director/president (ELi aka Six0~Stroker aka butterfly) might ask you for an internal organ depending on what he is in need for at that time... jk!!!

Here is a place some of us have posted about our trucks and ourselves. CCR Truck/Member Pictures

I think I covered it all.
Old 03-09-2014, 09:18 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
I would go with Warren Diesel

Derek at Vision Diesel is a gear guy.
You also have a diesel tech with a shop in your town. His name is Toren and he is the owner of Ranaway Diesel in Monroe, Wa. He is active in the CCR chat and will be able to help you with ALL of your issues and work to the 6.0
Old 03-09-2014, 10:05 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Derek has been very good to talk with, but Ive personally had bad experiences w/ DDP in the past, and seen, well it used to be called Evergreen now Pacific, would rather do it myself which I am, Ive never heard of Ranaway.

what would you do for injectors with Warren? I'm going to go w? Innov, custom tunes, 155cc with 30% or just 155? should I rebuild mine?
Old 03-10-2014, 05:32 AM
Suck, Squish, Bang, Blow!

I was just in Monroe last night... I thought they were going to close 203 at one point with the water breaching the road...

Ranaway Diesel is in Duvall on 203, across the street from Subway.

Toren is a really great guy and is VERY VERY knowledgeable when it comes to our engines.

Derek and Curtis at VDP are also good guys.

Just steer clear of those other places in your area...
Old 03-10-2014, 06:30 AM

Quote:
Derek has been very good to talk with, but Ive personally had bad experiences w/ DDP in the past, and seen, well it used to be called Evergreen now Pacific, would rather do it myself which I am, Ive never heard of Ranaway.

what would you do for injectors with Warren? I'm going to go w? Innov, custom tunes, 155cc with 30% or just 155? should I rebuild mine?
Welcome to the site. I just sent my injectors to Warren last week, we will see how it goes. Biggest issue is he is short on cores so I sent mine in, which takes a little while to get em back.

Unless you plan on building the motor a lot... I would suggest going with a 155/stock nozzle injector.

ask Eli what happens to your tranny when you go overboard and then don't treat it good.. (pickup tranny that is.... don't ask him about his "chiropractor" that's still in debate)
Old 03-10-2014, 05:51 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I really dont plan on going mod crazy, Id'e like about 400-430 RWHP will the stock tranny handle that, I'm not going drag racing or pullin, just a little fun once in awhile, the shop in Monroe I was at today told me SCT is S### told me to do a banks programmer ? idk what to get anymore, I'm not in a hurry but would like to buy the right stuff one time, and learn from everbody elses trial and error, I really like the SCT TS other people say get the Edge cts? and the sct X3 idk
Old 03-10-2014, 06:24 PM

Quote:
I really dont plan on going mod crazy, Id'e like about 400-430 RWHP will the stock tranny handle that, I'm not going drag racing or pullin, just a little fun once in awhile, the shop in Monroe I was at today told me SCT is S### told me to do a banks programmer ? idk what to get anymore, I'm not in a hurry but would like to buy the right stuff one time, and learn from everbody elses trial and error, I really like the SCT TS other people say get the Edge cts? and the sct X3 idk
SCT is the only way to go!!! None of the other tuners tune your transmission and you cant get customized tunes. With an SCT I think you will be around the mark you want to be at. A lot of guys on here including me run the SCT on stock trucks all day long with no problems. Everyone on here will tell you to go SCT.

That other shop probably gets a kickback from banks and thats why they pushed it.
Old 03-10-2014, 07:24 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Welcome to the CCR, my name is Jason I currently live in Marysville/Lk Stevens area. I grew up in Monroe and my whole family still lives their. Toren is a great resource for you and knows what he is talking about. I had Dynomite do all my work (studs, heads, BPD, bed plate, and everything else) 2 yrs ago along with Matt (matty834) with so far good results. My customer service was fantastic but Matts wasn't as good. I will most likely be hosting a wrench day sometime this spring. Matt lives in Granite Falls & Dennis is in North Bend. Glad to have ya, don't hesitate to reach out if you need help
Old 03-15-2014, 08:25 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Well sent my injectors back to Warren yesterday, they talked me into 175cc stock, plus the $400 for the thing they do to help prevent stiction, also get a 1yr warranty that way, getting excited to see how this thing is gonna run.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.