Mandatory GTG Attendence Discussion - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
The Cascade Coal Rollers Oregon and Washington members of Powerstroke.org Chapter Area

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2013, 08:45 PM
Suck, Squish, Bang, Blow!

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Mandatory GTG Attendence Discussion

This thread is to discuss having a mandatory GTG attendence added to our by-laws.

All CCR Members would be required to attend a set number of GTGs in order to maintain their membership in the CCR Chapter.

Please discuss whether this is a fair requirement to be added to our by-laws.

If the discussion favors this attendence requirement, then a poll will be added to vote on the subject.

EDIT: According to the Powerstroke.org Chapter Rules, we CAN NOT make minimum attendance requirements for GTGs, to maintain membership.

Attendance is optional.

NEW Chapter Rules

Last edited by dfuzz78; 12-18-2013 at 10:31 AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-17-2013, 09:07 PM
Serving Our Country!

It needs to be noted that until roughly a year ago there was a G2G attendance requirement in this chapter.

I understand both sides of the case here. So, perhaps there is another solution to the issue? After all, we have the entire forum to discuss anything we want about our trucks. The point of having the chapter is to get to know the people around you so you can help each other out. I don't know about you guys, but I can't get to know someone very well over the internet. That is something that I need to do in person.

Anyhow, is there another idea out there other than changing the bylaws again?
Old 12-18-2013, 04:58 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Regardless if a person is a member or not they can still freely post on the forum and we will still help them so let's keep in mind not being a full member doesn't mean you can't use the internet anymore.

We are just clarifying the chapter requirements here.
The Following User Says Thank You to dth0mas For This Useful Post:
dfuzz78 (12-18-2013)
Old 12-18-2013, 05:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselmatt View Post
It needs to be noted that until roughly a year ago there was a G2G attendance requirement in this chapter.
Wasn't it only 1 per year?
Old 12-18-2013, 06:27 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by dth0mas View Post
Wasn't it only 1 per year?

Yes that is correct.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 12-18-2013, 07:03 AM
Suck, Squish, Bang, Blow!

So in reading the Org Chapter rules, there will be no minimum requirements on attendance levels.

NEW Chapter Rules

Last edited by dfuzz78; 12-18-2013 at 07:07 AM.
Old 12-18-2013, 07:25 AM

I'm fairly new here, but I honestly don't see needing to add a mandatory attendance. With people in this chapter living all over Washington, Idaho, and Oregon, it seems kinda hard to get everyone to attend. Granted I know not everyone has to attend the same meeting and there are numerous G2G's, but after all, this is an internet forum, and we all have regular lives, families, work schedule, and at times, financial hardships. For some, all those fall together at the same time.

For those of us that are on here regularly, and try to make the G2G's, or just meet up even if there are not 5 members, we know who we are, and for me, it seems to be working. You guys are a good group of guys to know, and I enjoy getting on here and sharing what I know and learning things I don't. But if someone doesn't make a G2G in a year, what are you gonna do... Not let them have input in the discussion and take the CCR logo off their signature?

It just seems like a hard thing to push that is kind of unnecessary. Even powerstroke.org chapter requirements say " Attendance is optional. There will be no minimum requirements on attendance levels. "

Just my .. if its even worth that. If that offended anyone for some unbeknownst reason , I do apologize in advance.
Stiles likes this.
The Following User Says Thank You to 6.0Stroker For This Useful Post:
dfuzz78 (12-18-2013)
Old 12-18-2013, 07:45 AM
Bump To Pass!!

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by strokin'n'rattlin7.3 View Post
I'm fairly new here, but I honestly don't see needing to add a mandatory attendance. With people in this chapter living all over Washington, Idaho, and Oregon, it seems kinda hard to get everyone to attend. Granted I know not everyone has to attend the same meeting and there are numerous G2G's, but after all, this is an internet forum, and we all have regular lives, families, work schedule, and at times, financial hardships. For some, all those fall together at the same time.

For those of us that are on here regularly, and try to make the G2G's, or just meet up even if there are not 5 members, we know who we are, and for me, it seems to be working. You guys are a good group of guys to know, and I enjoy getting on here and sharing what I know and learning things I don't. But if someone doesn't make a G2G in a year, what are you gonna do... Not let them have input in the discussion and take the CCR logo off their signature?

It just seems like a hard thing to push that is kind of unnecessary. Even powerstroke.org chapter requirements say " Attendance is optional. There will be no minimum requirements on attendance levels. "

Just my .. if its even worth that. If that offended anyone for some unbeknownst reason , I do apologize in advance.
Could Not agree More^^^
Old 12-18-2013, 07:52 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
I also agree.
I do not want mandatory gtg attendance...
All Brandon wants is a discussion about how to promote more gtg attendance, not just simply make it mandatory.. And I agree with him there!

So, getting past the mandatory attendance as it will 99% not go into effect, can we discuss how we can promote more attendance.

I know sometimes life gets in the way, but are there any other obstacles in anyone's life? Maybe like being shy to come out and meet new people, or maybe the wife doesn't want you to go because she thinks it's weird...

Anything like that in the chapter that we can help overcome? We're not that weird. LOL

Old 12-18-2013, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Six0~Stroker View Post
I also agree.
I do not want mandatory gtg attendance...
All Brandon wants is a discussion about how to promote more gtg attendance, not just simply make it mandatory.. And I agree with him there!

So, getting past the mandatory attendance as it will 99% not go into effect, can we discuss how we can promote more attendance.

I know sometimes life gets in the way, but are there any other obstacles in anyone's life? Maybe like being shy to come out and meet new people, or maybe the wife doesn't want you to go because she thinks it's weird...

Anything like that in the chapter that we can help overcome? We're not that weird. LOL

Maybe the president would offer free beer, pie and jerky and every g2g.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.