Question??? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
The Cascade Coal Rollers Oregon and Washington members of Powerstroke.org Chapter Area

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2012, 03:30 PM
Still Alive

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Skype™ to westcoaststrokin
Question???

I have brought this up before, but based on the lack of participation by the Oregon and Westside members at our G2G's here is my thought. What about splitting the Chapter into four separate sub chapters? We could due one full chapter event a year, which Shan and I will still try to come to, but we could split the chapter into Washington East and West and Oregon East and west. What are your thoughts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-15-2012, 03:51 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
IMHO, we can barely get enough people together to vote, meet, chat, and everything else that a chapter needs to do to stay active.... the chat thread is not very "alive" at times and if we separate even more, how many people will exist in each subchapter... 2-3.... that would kill the overall chapter I think.
Old 12-15-2012, 04:07 PM
Still Alive

We have a huge presence on this side of the state. The problem isn't the West side of Washington. The problem is everywhere else. Just my observation.
Old 12-15-2012, 04:20 PM
Premium Member

................ I wouldn't call it huge.
So how exactly are we a problem?
Are we a burden to the well being of the west side of the state or the chapter as a whole?

If I become Pres, I will most likely put this up for a vote. I would like to know who has this mentality. (Mainly from west side members) as I'm sure all of the "problem" area members would like to know

I health hope that comment was not meant as it was written because that does not encourage new members to enjoy our chapter imo

... I want to get more opinions on this also.
Old 12-15-2012, 04:22 PM
Premium Member

Can you link this thread to our chat?
I'm on my phone.
Old 12-15-2012, 04:38 PM
Still Alive

It is already linked and I may be the only member that feels this way. I am not suffering from a God complex but I do see what the other chapters are doing. Our chapter covers a huge area geographically.
Old 12-15-2012, 06:48 PM
Serving Our Country!

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Six0~Stroker View Post
IMHO, we can barely get enough people together to vote, meet, chat, and everything else that a chapter needs to do to stay active.... the chat thread is not very "alive" at times and if we separate even more, how many people will exist in each subchapter... 2-3.... that would kill the overall chapter I think.
I agree with this. Do we even have five active members in Oregon? I think the larger chapter gives us an advantage over other chapters. There have been a few times where we have had two official GTGs on the same day on opposite sides of the chapter. Beyond the competition, I think we need to take advantage of the large area and plan GTGs in different areas of the chapter. I know some don't camp but I think we have all had a great time at the campouts. I the end, I like it the way it is and I am not looking forward to leaving this great group of people for a few years.
Old 12-15-2012, 10:57 PM
back to business

While I do see Josh's point, and would agree with it, it we had a larger "active" membership, but I don't think that our chapter could survive such a split.

It would be awesome if we could form a couple of "sub chapters", but we just don't have the membership we'd need to make such a move.

I say we stay a WA/OR chapter
Old 01-04-2013, 08:19 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Somehow I've missed this cause of my ins and outs lately. The WA/OR chapter is best the way it is IMO. I understand the point of Josh's comment but like Duane and Eli have stated....we probably can't survive a split like that.

The chapter is still young IMO also, which means we have lotsa growing to do and I think it's gonna take all of us jointly to nurture it. We have a great group mixture of members and I think it's awesome.
Old 01-04-2013, 09:17 PM
Premium Member

I have been thinking about this lately and didn't wanna bring it back up... I have thought about it and my post about. Putting it up for vote was nonsense... I was just angry to be thought of as the "problem"

Now I'm over it and don't care. I just wanna get this group bigger and friendlier....

Sent from my iPhone
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.