member list and GTG attendance - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
The Cascade Coal Rollers Oregon and Washington members of Powerstroke.org Chapter Area

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2012, 08:41 PM
back to business

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
member list and GTG attendance

hey all, just throwing this out for discussion at the moment. I'd like to hear the chapters input on a few things....

1. We have a VERY large number of Chapter "members" who haven't posted and/or logged into the .org in quite awhile. I'd really like to get an updated list of the Chapters actual members. I can send out a mass PM to all members to ask for confirmation that they are indeed still present and interested in retaining membership. And then, based on the replies I get, should we "cull the herd", so to speak, and whittle the member list down to those folks who are still around and interested?

thoughts?

2. We have, for the life of this chapter, had a very limited number of folks that actually attend Chapter functions. I realize that our chapter encompasses a very large geographical area, and it's hard for some of the more "remote" members to make it to meetings, BUT, should we REinstitute a GTG attendance requirement for chapter membership? and/or go back to a active/inactive membership list? (active members are those who have attended a GTG within, say, the last 12 months)(only active members can vote on chapter policies/leadership/ect)?

Let me know what you guys n' gals think on both issues. If there's enough support to institute new policies, I'll post a poll and the chapter will vote on it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-30-2012, 10:49 PM
Serving Our Country!

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I'm not for a mandatory attendance. I do agree that it is difficult for some to make it to GTGs but if someone is active here on the boards there shouldn't be an issue. As far as voting, I think we need to define "active member". There are times when I am inactive for three to four month intervals but I don't think that I am an inactive member. It is all case by case which makes it difficult.
Old 12-01-2012, 02:38 AM
Premium Member

i second the no manatory G2G requirement i dont exactly live in a remote location (marysville) but there are very few members up here to have one. On top of that me having a business to run makes my spare time very limited. I would love to go to them but its a really long haul for me usally and requires a whole weekend and i work a'lot of Sat. I feel that as long as the member is being active on the forum that should be enough. If they have jobs that require extended time away from the forum that should not be grounds for loss of membership. IMO
Old 12-01-2012, 05:30 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Both of these issues need to be addressed and the points made above are good arguments.

I do agree that if a member is active in here their membership to the chapter should be accepted.

OTOH, there are "members" that haven't posted for a very long time. I think the mass pm should be sent out to see if these people are still enterested in being a part of the group and if so there needs to be some kind of correspondence.
Old 12-01-2012, 05:53 PM
Serving Our Country!

I agree. Send a mass PM, after a week or two post up who has and has not responded to give folks that might know the non responders. By the end of the month we should know who is and who is not active. Is there a way for moderators to check the last time someone even logged onto the .org? I think that would help as well.

BTW, I know that I am leaving the chapter in the next six months. If anyone doesn't feel I should be voting, please let me know. I am interested in the direction of this chapter as we hope to return to WA again in the future.
Old 12-01-2012, 09:19 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by sagebel View Post
I am interested in the direction of this chapter as we hope to return to WA again in the future.
It's definitely gone south!
Old 12-01-2012, 10:09 PM
'Merica

Scott, last I checked, your still in WA.

sent from phone
Old 12-01-2012, 10:13 PM
Serving Our Country!

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I say yes to "culling the herd", but no to the mandatory attendance.
Old 12-01-2012, 10:17 PM
Serving Our Country!

I don't think it is "culling the herd" if the herd all ran off.
Old 12-01-2012, 10:18 PM
'Merica

IMO being an active member in the chapter is one thing that's important. Actively posting or participating in threads is what I could consider an active member.

I'm not so hot on the Idea of reinstituting a mandatory g2g into the bylaws again. Some people (Duane, Mattchew, for example) have major scheduling issues and have no way to attend a majority of the time.

Locations are another thing. Our chapter is spread out fairly far and it makes it difficult to easily have a 5+ member g2g.

sent from phone
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.