Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Best 6.0 shop around

2K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  Derek@VisionDiesel 
#1 ·
Hey All,
Have a friend that lives in So.Sea and is looking for a good shop to do a complete BBD of his truck, EGR cooler, oil cooler, head studs and maybe a few other mods all at the same time. He has an 06 with aprox 80k miles on it. He will take it out of state if necessary or over east to find the best shop. Any suggestions would be helpful and appreciated.

#2 ·
Just yesterday I picked my truck up from Specialized Diesel NW in Spokane. I have no problem highly recommending them.

Chris, the shop's owner will take all the time he needs to answer questions, talk about alternatives, etc. There were no bad surprises. He provided an estimate up front and we talked about some of the other costs that could pop up once they got in to the truck. Things like cracked boots. As it turned out I had one boot that needed replaced. They did exactly what they told me they would do, and it was done when they told me it would be, and the pricing was exactly what I had been quoted.

Their shop is immaculate, and everyone that works there is extremely knowledgeable and friendly.

If your friend is going to have head studs done it means the cab will come off. They had a couple cabs off while I was there. They have a great lift for picking the cabs. If your friend hasn't installed them already, he should consider having the shop install a coolant bypass filter and an oil bypass system while they have the truck. I had already installed a coolant bypass filter on my truck, but had an oil bypass kit that wasn't installed. Chris didn't like the ball valves that came with my Sinister kit though and they installed some huskier valves for me while they had the truck.

It was a bit of a drive for me to get my truck to their shop, but it was well worth it.

#3 ·
Thanks for the info what did you have them do for you

#4 ·
I had them do the oil cooler, EGR delete, STC, dummy plugs, upgraded fuel pressure spring, they installed an oil bypass kit I provided, two new valves for my coolant bypass, installed two Fumoto valves and hoses I supplied for the two block drains, cleaned my turbo, one new boot, they provided and installed an EGT probe and hooked it to my CTS along with a turbo timer that they set to shut my truck down at 400 deg.

Except for the oil bypass kit and the Fumoto valves they supplied all of the parts and labor. With tax it was right at $2,700.

#5 ·
Thats seems very reasonable i will pass on your reccomendation and thanks for your input.

#8 ·
Has anybody been to or heard any good reviews of the Powershop in Enumclaw? I'm looking to do the bulletproof kit for my 6.0.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.