anyone in washington state have issues with law and dpf delete - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
The Cascade Coal Rollers Oregon and Washington members of Powerstroke.org Chapter Area

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2012, 06:11 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
anyone in washington state have issues with law and dpf delete

Hello!
Originally posted in the 6.4 performance section and it was suggested to post the question here.

Just wondering if anyone has had trouble in Wa after their dpf delete. I have.been planning on a 5 in exhaust with mini maxx but now I might be moving to Washington state up near Seattle (working in Bellvue)and I'm worried about the huge fines reported on here awhile back.

So I guess my question is if you live there and have done the delete have you run into problems with law? I think the 6.4's would be the vehicles more closely looked at because of the emissions crap on the vehicle.

Another thread I was reading someone said that there were diesel inspections checkpoints set up sometimes in Wa.

Thanks for any info.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-06-2012, 06:14 AM
Still Alive

Send a message via Skype™ to westcoaststrokin
I have never seen an inspection station. It will depend on what county you live in. Some do smog checks and some don't. If you are like me and live in a smog free county you don't have anything to worry about.
Old 03-07-2012, 06:04 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Can you just hollow out the DPF? Making it look like you have one?
Old 03-07-2012, 06:35 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Screw emissions...

just joking they WILL bend you backwards if they get their hands on you...LOL

What year is your rig?

I have seen my tabs renewal paperwork and it states on it that, "all vehicles 09+ are supposed to be California Emissions compliant."

^^^Thts sucks bad
Old 03-07-2012, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Six0~Stroker View Post
Screw emissions...

just joking they WILL bend you backwards if they get their hands on you...LOL

What year is your rig?

I have seen my tabs renewal paperwork and it states on it that, "all vehicles 09+ are supposed to be California Emissions compliant."

^^^Thts sucks bad
My truck is an 08 6.4 liter, I have heard of someone on the forum running with a hollowed out dpf so I can be done. I haven't taken mine off so I have no idea what it would take to do it. The best option may be for me to keep the stock exhaust and look into hollowing it out. Wont run as well as a new exhaust but has to be better than having the dpf on there.

I just don't want a 10k fine for having taken off the emissions crap on the pickup, but I'm tired of getting 10.5 mpg in the city.
Funny how in an effort to clean up particulate pollution the fix is to kill fuel mileage and reliability.
Old 03-07-2012, 07:16 AM
Serving Our Country!

I'm sure they sell aftermarket exhausts with fake DPFs! There is a need and a demand for it after all. Isn't that the point of capitalism?

If there isn't I suppose you can always start a new business!
Old 03-07-2012, 04:47 PM

I'm running a mini and a 4in deleate pipe and have the DPF in storage for if I have to put it back in. i'm up in arlington tho and don't have to get smoged. You will be in king county and will have to have it checked, also if you run deleated just be very wise about the skinny peddle and yopu will be ok for normal driving. Its the guys that go around blowing tons of smoke that get the attention. I can drive the HD300 tune and have very little to no smoke most of the time. But on the other hand I can make a 500hp 12v cummins look clean if I want to.
Old 03-07-2012, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertS450 View Post
I'm running a mini and a 4in deleate pipe and have the DPF in storage for if I have to put it back in. i'm up in arlington tho and don't have to get smoged. You will be in king county and will have to have it checked, also if you run deleated just be very wise about the skinny peddle and yopu will be ok for normal driving. Its the guys that go around blowing tons of smoke that get the attention. I can drive the HD300 tune and have very little to no smoke most of the time. But on the other hand I can make a 500hp 12v cummins look clean if I want to.
Did you also put an intake on as well? Did you notice a bump in mpg with just the delete pipe? Performance better too I suppose? Maybe that's a better option for me than a full exhaust especially if I have to get emissions checked.

I'm wondering if I can find a place outside King county to live so I don't have to get emissions done. I just don't know much about that area yet it might be too far. I will actually be in Bellevue.
Old 03-08-2012, 04:53 PM

Yea I have the dry filter setup from AFE. There was some MPG gains much not as much as you will see. My f450 weights in at close to 10k empty and I have a ton of rotating mass so for me the gains where minimal. I also drive it like its a 3500 pound hotrod so you have to consider that as well H&S forgot to tell me that there programer has a rear steer option built into it. You have to also remember the the stock exh is 3.5in so going to a 4in exh isn't going to get you much. You will get improvements just by turning off the regen cycle and opening up the airflow side of things.
Old 03-13-2012, 02:02 PM

I live in SW Wash (Clark County) and they didnt even do a visual inspection on my 06, they plug into my OBD2 port have you keep it in park do 5 from idle to rev limiter pulls and your done, i would say if you have no codes and little to no smoke you would be safe. Patrick
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.