co-director discussion! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
The Cascade Coal Rollers Oregon and Washington members of Powerstroke.org Chapter Area

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2011, 10:00 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Arrow co-director discussion!

Ok, so i think this needs to be hashed out and maybe voted on! What are your thoughts?

Will it split the CCR?

Will it make it look like we are two chapters?

Will the org. object to it?

Lets get this going!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-05-2011, 10:09 PM
Shade tree mechanic

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWS96 View Post
Ok, so i think this needs to be hashed out and maybe voted on! What are your thoughts?

Will it split the CCR?

I think we are strong enough of a chapter that it will benefit us and not harm CCR

Will it make it look like we are two chapters?

I dont see how it would, after all almost all the events have members from both Oregon and Washington(with the exception of small/last minute g2g's

Will the org. object to it?

I dont see why they would, in fact I could see more chapters using the co-directors in the future
Lets get this going!!!
My answers in red.

Lets a get some different views and opinions going if you have them, everyone. If you object to us having co-directors please say so
Old 01-05-2011, 10:11 PM

Good start! lets keep it going! I will check in in the morning!
Old 01-05-2011, 10:13 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Derek@VisionDiesel Send a message via Yahoo to Derek@VisionDiesel
I do not believe it will divide anything at all. In all honesty our washington members do most of the heavy hitting in this chapter anyway....

Bringing shannon and my ideas together to get some things started is great and here are my ideas whether people like them or not.

1. We can contact each other to get help with setting up GTG's in the other ones state. I dont know areas of washington well, one call to shannon and bam its done!

2. She is out of her "teen" era (although she is still a **** load of fun!)... I am still what most would call "immature" and "young" so my ideas are going to be quite a bit different than hers, if we bring those two levels together that will create a happy medium!

3. Now having a second director to help me out we can do even bigger and better things, it gets a little rough trying to organize 60 members or whatever were at now... A 2nd person is a great help to take a load off.

4. The vote says it all. The chapter is split, and you wanna know why? We have the adults voting for shannon and the younger guys voting for me.... i cant see who voted for what but im goign to bet thats what happened. I know majority who voted for shannon without even seeing the count! Its like having a democrate and republican in office, after all the hashing there will be a resolution that helps in the long run! Only here its a difference in age and sex!

Okay im done now... i tihnk you get it. As far as im concerned, shannons a co-director
Old 01-05-2011, 10:16 PM
Still Alive

Send a message via Skype™ to westcoaststrokin
I see that having an Oregon and a Washington director splitting it. Sorry just being honest. We already can't support each others G2G's. I have been to every one of the G2G's but the last couple snow runs because I already had plans. I have also been to most of the short term or quick G2G's since they happen here. I just don't want to see the chapter split.
Old 01-05-2011, 10:19 PM

I think this will just make us stronger with having this happening. I dont see the harm at all. Two brains are better than one!
Old 01-05-2011, 10:36 PM
Still Alive

Here is what I am asking as a member of the chapter once again and not as a mod. We send a mass pm to all of the members asking them to vote in the poll on the issue. If they agree so be it, if they don't we move on from there. I just want the ENTIRE chapter involved.
Old 01-05-2011, 10:41 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Derek@VisionDiesel Send a message via Yahoo to Derek@VisionDiesel
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoaststrokin View Post
Here is what I am asking as a member of the chapter once again and not as a mod. We send a mass pm to all of the members asking them to vote in the poll on the issue. If they agree so be it, if they don't we move on from there. I just want the ENTIRE chapter involved.
I will do that for you josh. Instead of a vote though (which always takes forever) can i just request they pipe in with their opinion in this thread? If we get 5-6 guys saying no to it then we can start an official poll and what not.

Does that work for you?
Old 01-06-2011, 12:46 AM
'Merica

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I dont think it will be too big of an issue. I do like gettin down to oregon now and then, and having Derek's knowledge of the area will help with g2g's and events down there. Same goes for Shan being up here.

As far as splitting the chapter, the only Oregon guys i see active in the CCR is Andy, Derek, and Steven(sry in advance if i forgot to mention ya). The rest is all WA crew. I think it could be interesting to see how this pans out, and if it doesnt work out, we could hit the E-stop and back 'er down to 1 Chapter Director again.

On the other hand, (from a footsoldier position) having two Shredders to answer to would royally hurt my time to practice my nunchuks and pole combat skills. Unless there were more turtles to fight.. That doesnt sound right... Ok.. Lets try again. From my position as a loyal Teenage(not so much) Mutant Ninja Turtle, I wouldnt have a good time with my brothers Leo, Raphael, and Donatello, eating pizza and playing with my nunchuks if there were 2 Splinters. Id be too busy practicing my Ninja skills and Kicking Shredders butt to make it all work, unless we turtles are cloned to make a giant turtle army! Mwuhahaha!!!!

Its been a really really really long day. I feel like Jarrod now. Im going to sleep, got to be at work in 6 hours and 14 minutes.

Thoughts on the rational part of my post?
Old 01-06-2011, 06:00 AM
Still Alive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strokeorcroak View Post
I will do that for you josh. Instead of a vote though (which always takes forever) can i just request they pipe in with their opinion in this thread? If we get 5-6 guys saying no to it then we can start an official poll and what not.

Does that work for you?
Sure whatever you decide.

My questions are; Why the rush? Why not get everyone involved?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.