Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Historian Position Open

2K views 31 replies 13 participants last post by  oasis04 
#1 ·
In obeying the rules of the forum we need to have a Historian in the chapter. Basically a Historian's duties are to attend as many of the get togethers and other events that we attend as possible. Of course taking photos and later posting those on the forum will also be part of the duties of the Historian. In the past we have actually used two Historians to make it easier to cover all the get togethers. Chuck and I have discussed it and believe we will start out by seeing if we can find a single person to tackle this position, if the get togethers are just to far apart we will then be looking for either another Historian or an assistant to help get the job done. Please understand that anyone can take photos and post them all you want. You don't need a title to do this, can't have to many pics. I know I took photos for a few years and really enjoyed it. I need to clean the dust off that D90 and take some shots. Below you can nominate yourself or someone else for this position. We will give it at least a week to get all interested people on the list. Please don't accept nomination if you know you will not be able to attend very many get togethers, then we just have to do it all over again. After we have a solid list we can open the voting up. Doesn't matter if you just joined the CPA, you can fill this position. So let the recommendations fly.

#2 ·
Somebody has to have a darn camera and likes coming to the GTG's. If you want to do this for the club I will even give you a camera to use. Not the D90, but a nice 10 meg digital camera.

#4 ·
I will take pics at the ones I make but I won't be able to make a lot due to work schedule

#5 ·
Thanks y'all. Chuck and I have discussed the possibility of having two Historians so we can hopefully cover the majority of the GTG's. Both of you were on my list of members who I would nominate. Nobody can make all of them, so that isn't a issue. I am like y'all and take photos just for the heck of it. I need to do it more often. Since we closed the studio the D90 and Sony DLSR cameras are just sitting there. Wish I would have known the economy was going to tank before we bought $3500 in new cameras and gear.

#6 · (Edited)
How about a Historian in each part of the states? Like a North, South, East, West type deal?

#11 ·
So how are we going to expect 2 people to be in GTG's in both NC and SC? That's quite a haul to get around, especially with the price of fuel.

#12 ·
the historian or assist. isn't required to be at all the g2g's just a as many as you can. if one wants to be from nc, and one from sc. you might have a good coverage. I have probably been to all but a couple g2g's since we started the CPA. I would do it, but a Mod isn't allowed to hold any office of a chapter.

#13 ·
Mike and Chuck are 100% right. I believe I also said that we don't expect there to be a Historian at every GTG, but we need to get a couple people that usually attend quite a few. I don't think anyone has made more GTG's than Mike. Shoot, my Bassett Hound has been to more GTG's than most members of the CPA, but her picture taking skills aren't the greatest. If you believe that for whatever reason that you will not be attending a fair amount of GTG's please don't accept the position. Let me also say that just because you don't have the title of Historian doesn't mean you can't take and post photos of the event. I did this for a long time before I was voted in as Historian. I am not into titles and I believe the others feel the same. I simply liked taking photos. We don't need to complicate this, let's get the nominations done with and get the voting started.

Later

#17 ·
Jeff, wth?:dunno: Damn just got on and already been nominated for co historian!!! :doh: well I guess I can :haha:but can't promise how many gtg I will make but will do my best.:icon_ford:

#18 ·
That is actually the two I was considering since they tend to make quite a few of the GTG's. Let's let it ride through the weekend and if there is no other interest we can move ahead. Thanks

#22 ·
Me? Or another Brandon?

Hopefully not me. That would prob be a bad idea lol

#24 ·
lol well I would but right now Im being told so many different things about where Im moving so I rather not volunteer right now. They are saying maybe even ATL now. But ya I certainly wouldnt mind doing it if no one else wants to :thumb:

Ill keep yall updated.

#26 ·
Those are fine with me too....

Sent from my Acer Android Tablet

#28 ·
Let me verify with Chuck but it would appear we have this issue resolved. Thanks to Jeff and Rick I am sure they will do a great job for the CPA!!!! If they don't I am going to have a helluva time teaching Shilo to take photos, lol!!!

#30 ·
:thumb: Rick
:thumb: Jeff

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.