Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Where's The Next G2G????????

2K views 27 replies 7 participants last post by  NCBoatman 
#1 ·
OK somebody needs to step up, if not I may throw another in Mayberry and I am sure y'all are tired of that. :hehe: :hehe: :hehe: Anyone can have a G2G doesn't matter if you have been a member for a day or a decade. Probably won't go well in a subdivision with CC&R rules, :woot: :woot: :crazy: If I can help you in anyway just ask. I have put on a few and have learned a few things, lol!!!!!
I really enjoyed the last few and several of us were talking that we need to get together a min of every 90 days or so. So let's see who wants to have the next one. :thumb:

Edit: Jeff's move in doesn't count. We will be there whether he invites us or not, lol!!!

#2 ·
When is his move?

I would love to have one but not sure what the heck to do. I am in a subdivision but it doesn't matter. There is a nice park nearby (bout 10 minutes away) that has a baseball field, sand volleyball court, 2 full court basketball courts and a nice playground for the kids. But as u can see from several of my posts, we hang out in the neighborhood all the time and there is plenty of street to park trucks in.

Oh yeah, if you ever come back to Raleigh for anything, you are not allowed to leave until we have hung out! I was out of town the last time you came here.

#3 ·
Whenever, where ever is always good with me.

As far as my move goes. Not sure what I am going to do. no weekends of til October 21 and I am going to Colorado Elk hunting. I want to get moved asap.
Looking like Wed/thurs the 5th and 6th of October. I know you all have real jobs and cant help on weekdays.

#6 ·
I am glad somebody finally saw this thread. I thought I had posted in super tactical invisible mode, lol!!

I am there Chad, just tell me when.

Jeff,
I am free during the week, just text me the date and I will be there.

Belz,
We can pretty much make any place work. Most of us have been thrown out of worse places, Just ask Chuck lol!!! If I can help you plan something just let me know.

#11 ·
Chad,
You know I love firearms as much as I do Powerstrokes, but a shooting event has been discussed before and it is a lot to think about. I totally agree the only way is to have it at a range with a good range master if not several. I am very anal about firearms safety and nothing makes me more nervous than shooting with people that I have never shot with before. Calling back a bullet isn't a easy task. Like I said several of us have discussed this in the past and we came to the conclusion that shooting may be better to do in smaller groups. But hey I am willing to help you all I can. I can't speak for the others, I tried to do that on the sirt deal and won't do that again, lol!!!

If anyone needs help on a G2G there are several who have done it that would love to help. Isn't difficult, just common sense for the most part. I would love to see us getting together every few months. Let's see who else might want to sponsor a G2G.

#13 ·
If anyone needs help on a G2G there are several who have done it that would love to help. Isn't difficult, just common sense for the most part. I would love to see us getting together every few months. Let's see who else might want to sponsor a G2G.
I'd love to host one up here, but like I said, it'd most probably be spring/summer. With work being balls to the wall until Thanksgiving and then snow flying soon thereafter, it'd be hard.

#12 ·
if its something we are serious about and want to nail down a date/approx number attending, then i will talk to the range master about having extra safety officers present.

their rules are no loaded weapons except at the firing line.<---period if your F'n around, you will be told to leave.

my first time there the safety walk throught lasted roughly an hour, and thats after you fill out some paperwork for them that states you have read and understand the rules.

completly agree, can never have to much safety at the range.

anyway, i just threw it out there. doesnt seem to be too much interest.

#14 ·
Chad,
Please don't get me wrong, I was just relaying what we have found before when we looked into doing a shooting meet the right way. I just don't see us sitting and listen to a dude talk about gun safety for an hour and then later say we had a great time, lol!!!! No doubt gun safety is priority number one. That is why we just figured shooting would be better off in small groups. I hope you know you are always welcome to come shoot in Mayberry and my safe is open to you and the wife. Wish y'all were closer. I am going to look into getting some cards made up like Chuck and see if we can get some more Surry county members in the CPA. We have a lot of Powerstrokes up here, just have to look for ones being driven by people who speak English!!!!

Somebody needs to jump on this. Three in a row, four in 14 months at the same place isn't what most would want to do. Even if it is Mayberry, lol!!!!

Later..........................................

#16 ·
Chad,
Please don't get me wrong, I was just relaying what we have found before when we looked into doing a shooting meet the right way. I just don't see us sitting and listen to a dude talk about gun safety for an hour and then later say we had a great time, lol!!!! No doubt gun safety is priority number one. That is why we just figured shooting would be better off in small groups. I hope you know you are always welcome to come shoot in Mayberry and my safe is open to you and the wife. Wish y'all were closer. I am going to look into getting some cards made up like Chuck and see if we can get some more Surry county members in the CPA. We have a lot of Powerstrokes up here, just have to look for ones being driven by people who speak English!!!!
Later..........................................
What do the cards look like? Maybe we can get some made where we fill in our names since usually u have o order like a billion. Or do u print them at home? Just make some cards in Spanish kev, lol. How many Spanish speaking CPA members do we have? I may just start a thread.

I would really like to have a meet. Let's get together kev and figure it out. I don't have a lot of money but I know everyone will chip in. Like I said, I can reserve the covered area at the park. They have 2 grills, a baseball field, volleyball court and 2 basketball courts. Or we can just chill in my neighborhood, do some wrenching, play cornhole and dominos.

Sent from my fone. :)

#17 ·
Sounds like a plan. I will dig up the card info from Chuck. They are really sharp looking cards. Sorry no spanish on mine. They need to learn English, nothing against you or your family because y'all have done it right. It goes the same for German, French, and every other language. I heard the USA spends over 40 million dollars in increased printing cost to print all the tax, immigration and DL documents in English and Spanish.
Let me know and I will help out with the GTG. I will also do some more looking into the alarm. Did you fix your knock?

#18 ·
I agree with u 100% on that. You would be amazed at how many times I just act like I don't speak Spanish. It is good to know it but they should make an effort to learn. I can understand it may be more difficult for the older ppl like my nana. She took classes but just could never get it. Anyways, nothing on the knock. I tightened the bracket on the frame for the end link but I need to just remove the end links and check the bolt for the trac bar. I don't think it's he end links this time. Keep thinking a ball joint also but I can't find anything wrong with them.

#19 ·
How are you checking the ball joints? You really need a good lever to move them. If you can get the truck back up my way I am sure we can find it. Just disconnect the end links, that would be my first action. Also PM me your cell and I will text you mine. Some times it's easier to text.

#20 ·
Visual inspection, lol. I do not have unlimited text but I will shoot u one so u can have my number. If u have an iPhone, iPod touch or some other smart phone look for "whatsapp". It's an SMS app and u can text for free. MJ (mike) and I use that.

#22 ·
Somebody just pick a date. If we have to hang out in Wal Mart's parking lot that is fine with most of us. Most of us have been thrown out of better places, lol!!!! So pick a weekend and let's see what response we get. As usual 95% will sware they are coming and in the last 10 days 50% will drop out. Just the way life is so don't take it personal, lol!!!

#23 ·
Well just to throw the offer out there, and we probably don't need it with some of the stereos in these trucks today, but I DJ on the side. Depending upon where we have a G2G I may be persuaded to throw my little trailer behind the truck and bring my equipment.

#27 ·
Cool, just bring lot's of disco, I heard Jeff likes to get loaded and pretend he is John Travolta getting his grove on!!! :hehe: :hehe: :hehe: :hehe:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.