varmits vs critters - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Carolina Powerstroke Association Carolina Powerstroke Association

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-02-2011, 06:17 PM
The Warden

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
varmits vs critters

I have some different breeds of old english bantams that I raise as a hobby. Lately the varmits(somebody help me with spelling varmits)have become overwhelming,no problems in past 3 years.I have trapped 3 coons and taken them off about 20 miles. Today I heard them squawking,go out to the coop and there is a 5 ft black snake inside looking for a chicken dinner. the tiny chickens are saying,how bout get this d*** snake out of here. Anywhere else I would let him go,but one chicken dinner would lead to another and another so off with his head. Now 2 hours later I hear them again,go out there,and this squirrel is in one of the coops.Now this is the third time I have caught him inside. the first time I chased him around and figured I had scared him enough to stay out.So today I get the dog to dial in on him,opened the door and said GETT-EM abby.CHIT! that squirrel ran past both of us in the blink of an eye But Abby took out after him,and if that tree would have been about 15 feet farther she would have had him Thats one fast squirrel. Tomorrow I'll find out if he is faster than a scatter gun
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-05-2011, 02:13 PM
Retired Army

Sounds like some squirrel shiskebob(sp) is in order
Old 06-06-2011, 07:30 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin200 View Post
I have some different breeds of old english bantams that I raise as a hobby. Lately the varmits(somebody help me with spelling varmits)have become overwhelming,no problems in past 3 years.I have trapped 3 coons and taken them off about 20 miles. Today I heard them squawking,go out to the coop and there is a 5 ft black snake inside looking for a chicken dinner. the tiny chickens are saying,how bout get this d*** snake out of here. Anywhere else I would let him go,but one chicken dinner would lead to another and another so off with his head. Now 2 hours later I hear them again,go out there,and this squirrel is in one of the coops.Now this is the third time I have caught him inside. the first time I chased him around and figured I had scared him enough to stay out.So today I get the dog to dial in on him,opened the door and said GETT-EM abby.CHIT! that squirrel ran past both of us in the blink of an eye But Abby took out after him,and if that tree would have been about 15 feet farther she would have had him Thats one fast squirrel. Tomorrow I'll find out if he is faster than a scatter gun
Hahaha, that is a funny story. I love your truck man
Old 06-06-2011, 08:38 PM
The Warden

Well today I officially snappedRecap from before,In the last couple of days the crows have managed to pull up all my corn plants(around 400) Then this morning I went down to check on a peahen that was nesting on 2 eggs,the eggs were cracked and eaten and the bird was injured where she couldn't walk on her left leg.IT takes 3 years for a peahen to mature to laying eggs and nesting So I go back to the house and start back out with a 12 ga. pump in one hand and a .22 auto in the other. My girlfriend said where the hello are you going I have always treated this place as a sanctuary for wild animals,maybe thats why the squirrels sat and chattered back at me after missing them the first 5 shots with the.22 I think one of the squirrels was telling the others,Its ok fellows this guy can't hit chit.I said alright,yall just sit tight while I get this shotgun loadedAfter two of them hit the ground,the rest disappeared so I moved on to the crows. The traps are set for coon,opossum,fox or what ever. No more mister nice guy
Old 06-06-2011, 08:45 PM
The Warden

Quote:
Originally Posted by bft blue oval boys View Post
Hahaha, that is a funny story. I love your truck man
preciate the comment,you've got a mighty nice clean looking rig yourself
Old 06-06-2011, 08:46 PM

Thanks!
Old 06-07-2011, 01:36 AM
Viking Heavy Diesel

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I know what you are going through. When I was raising chickens and ducks it was a constant struggle for me too. Lots of trapping and shooting. Most memorable encounter was I came home one time to find that a Great Horned Owl and gotten in the enclosure. Killed everything and then be came stuck. As pissed as we were could not bring myself to kill it so a Wildlife Marshal came and tranqed it and took it away.
Old 06-07-2011, 06:58 PM
The Warden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Ronning View Post
I know what you are going through. When I was raising chickens and ducks it was a constant struggle for me too. Lots of trapping and shooting. Most memorable encounter was I came home one time to find that a Great Horned Owl and gotten in the enclosure. Killed everything and then be came stuck. As pissed as we were could not bring myself to kill it so a Wildlife Marshal came and tranqed it and took it away.
Yeah I don't like killing them either, but they are making me crazy.This morning I scored another victory with a big ole coon in my trap.I had to take off to blacksburg va. Guess who got to go with me.Thats right,rocky now attends the university of virginia techWhen I got home I let some of the chickens out,assured I had thinned out the varmits.Well a while later I went out and didn't see any chickens.Started looking and found a rooster and one hen hiding in the bushes,walked on around the house,then off goes a hawk with one of the hensson-of-a-!@*&! Never found the 4th one
So the score for today is
critter guy: 1
varmits: 2
Old 06-07-2011, 07:19 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
All of us country folk have gone through this but I HAVE to say it is funny as hello to hear it from someone else.
Old 06-07-2011, 07:37 PM
The Warden

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinlogue5_0 View Post
All of us country folk have gone through this but I HAVE to say it is funny as hello to hear it from someone else.
I bet it is,but a hobby should be enjoyable
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.