Bike Week - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Carolina Powerstroke Association Carolina Powerstroke Association

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-22-2011, 06:41 PM
The Warden

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Bike Week

Did anybody go down to Myrtle beach during bike week
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-25-2011, 11:29 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I went the first part of the week. What a disappointment,no vendors and few bikes and the Po Po was writing motorcycles tickets as fast as they could.
Old 05-25-2011, 11:43 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

yepo...but i live here so does it count?? myrtle beach has almost ruined bike week with all these new laws and crap..
Old 05-25-2011, 12:31 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 107stroker View Post
yepo...but i live here so does it count?? myrtle beach has almost ruined bike week with all these new laws and crap..
I think Myrtle Beach has shot them selves in the foot. I saw hotel signs asking bikers to stay at the hotel they needed the business, the hotel next to it would have signs no motorcycles allowed? The highway patrol would have 5-6 police bikes hiding in groups in the closed down business parking lots with a Myrtle Beach crusier to transport. The SCHP would ride into groups and pull the whole group over at one time. I have been going to bike week since the 80's and have never seen the bikers treated like they were. I don't think I will waste time to go back. I hate it too, the spring rally was the place to be. It seams like Florida is welcoming the bikes with the always great Daytona Beach rally and now Panama City rally getting big.
Old 05-25-2011, 12:40 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Lowdown89 Send a message via Yahoo to Lowdown89
yeah its been goin down the crapper since the city council has imposed all these new laws in the city limits of myrtle beach... last yeah we went down the week before bike week for our honeymoon and it was sad all the signs they were puttin up listing all the rules and things you couldnt do... im not sure if it passed but wernt they trying to pass a helmet law in the city limits as well??
Old 05-25-2011, 12:54 PM
information regurgitator

My last time down there was 2008. I won't go back. I had a great time and all, but it changed for the worst.
It was going to be my yearly "let loose and blow cash" spot since it was far enough away to be a vacation of sorts. But when you can't enjoy yourself, whats the point?
I will now save my cash and go out to Sturgis every other or every third year. Now THAT is FUN!
Old 05-25-2011, 12:54 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowdown89 View Post
yeah its been goin down the crapper since the city council has imposed all these new laws in the city limits of myrtle beach... last yeah we went down the week before bike week for our honeymoon and it was sad all the signs they were puttin up listing all the rules and things you couldnt do... im not sure if it passed but wernt they trying to pass a helmet law in the city limits as well??
The helmet law was deemed unconstitutional by the State Supreme Court however; the other ordnances passed. No gathering in groups to watch traffic whether you stay at the hotel or not, no loud pipes. They were tagging a$$ when the group would leave the stop lights loud. The good thing was there were no crowds at the restaurants.
Old 05-26-2011, 09:11 AM
Serving Our Country!

Charleston has started it's own little "Bike Week" to the south of Myrtle Beach.
We are in the infancy, and it is still "Fun". Prices haven't been jacked up to unrecognizable prices, and the local folk don't hate the motorcycle riders. Yet.
Also, There is not a "Black Bike Week" following, so you don't have the early birds mingling.
Old 05-26-2011, 05:53 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I remember way back they tried to start one. I think it was called the Heritage Rally? I don’t remember way it did not take off; I think maybe it was a noise issue? Charleston would be a great rally site; I enjoy riding and would love to ride in the area. I guess I’m spoiled living in the upstate so close to the mountains. I usually don’t ride anywhere but the hills where bikes are loved for the people that ride them and are not grouped into the “Sons of Anarchy” wannabes that are shown on tv.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.