CPA July G2G/Coon Dog Day/Parade - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Carolina Powerstroke Association Carolina Powerstroke Association

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2011, 12:33 PM
COME ON...ONE TIME!!

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
CPA July G2G/Coon Dog Day/Parade

Hey guys. ok, heres the skinny on the day. The day was started 48 years ago as a fund raiser for the local Coon hunters club. Since then it has grown into a HUGE thing. theres vendors with everything from local homemade crafts, antiques, FOOD of all kinds, Music, Square dancing at night, games, dog show among many other things to do in this small town!

July 9th, 2011. Basically the festival starts at 6:00am with a pancake breakfast at the local FD, then theres a 5K run at 8am. 11am is the parade.
PARADE: I would love to have 6-8 trucks in the parade. we need to line up at 10am for the parade. I dont care if we pile each truck full of members. Those who want to watch from the street can.

I have parking arranged right in the middle of downtown at my moms house. The house is near an easy exit, so when you want to leave you can.

I will have a map of downtown with things pinpointed so you can see the layout. from one end of the town to the next, there's is less than 3/4 mile. so its not a HUGE thing by any means, but its always fun.

Ok, the legend for the map is....
the red block on cullipher St, is my moms house where we will park.
the green block to the right of that is the school ballfield where the dog show is and where the parade will start, and we will line up..
the other green areas on the right of the map is the downtown part where all other festivities will take place.
the blue line along Ozone Dr is the route to take when comming into town off of I-26 to get to moms house.

If you would like to come, please sign up. if you want to put your truck in the parade, post that up as well.

NICK- Truck in the parade.
MIKE - Truck in the parade
MATT- +1 Truck in Parade
JD- Truck in the parade
STROKIN'- Truck in the Parade
HANK- Truck in the parade

My cell Phone number is 828-768-0403 if you all need to call me , get directions once you're close or otherwise just wanna talk on the way up. LOL

UPDATE: Ok, all of you will come to the point of haivng to be stopped and asked where you are going and why., You need to tell them my name, and that you are with me and we are going to be in the parade. We are all meeting and parking (before and after) at Sharon Hipp's house(my mom) and then going to the parade route at 10. if you have ANY trouble, call me from where you are, and I can drive out and get ya. I hope there wont be any problems with it. usually if you tell them moms name and she lives on cullipher st and you are parking in her yard, they dont seem to care. I will be sure to tell each police( fireman/person directing traffic that more of you are coming. I will be at moms at 8am. so any time after that that you want to show up is good. we just need to be lined up for the parade at 10am. parade starts at 11am.

If one of you comming is not going to be in the parade, or your sig. other isnt going to be in it, you can stand right below moms house on the street and watch it from there. I would like if one of you doesnt care, to video us as we go by. I will be sure (as some of you others will too) to roll some coal for ya at that point and may others. LOL

Last edited by HVAC SuperTech; 07-08-2011 at 06:05 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-27-2011, 03:56 PM
OBS Forever!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HVAC SuperTech View Post
Hey guys. ok, heres the skinny on the day. The day was started 48 years ago as a fund raiser for the local Coon hunters club. Since then it has grown into a HUGE thing. theres vendors with everything from local homemade crafts, antiques, FOOD of all kinds, Music, Square dancing at night, games, dog show among many other things to do in this small town!

July 9th, 2011. Basically the festival starts at 6:00am with a pancake breakfast at the local FD, then theres a 5K run at 8am. 11am is the parade.
PARADE: I would love to have 6-8 trucks in the parade. we need to line up at 10am for the parade. I dont care if we pile each truck full of members. Those who want to watch from the street can.

I have parking arranged right in the middle of downtown at my moms house. The house is near an easy exit, so when you want to leave you can.

I will have a map of downtown with things pinpointed so you can see the layout. from one end of the town to the next, there's is less than 3/4 mile. so its not a HUGE thing by any means, but its always fun.

If you would like to come, please sign up. if you want to put your truck in the parade, post that up as well.

NICK- Truck in the parade.
Jeff +2 Truck in parade.
Added my self to your list Nick.
I am not 100% til i can bid for July.
Old 03-27-2011, 04:14 PM
My 6OH Hates Me

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Nick, I added me and the PIG to be in the parade in the op
Old 03-27-2011, 04:15 PM
My 6OH Hates Me

Jeffro I added you also to the op
Old 03-27-2011, 05:21 PM
OBS Forever!!!!!!

Thanks Mike
Old 03-27-2011, 06:29 PM
My 6OH Hates Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by oasis04 View Post
Thanks Mike
You are welcome sir
Old 03-28-2011, 06:21 AM
Powerstroke Junkie

You forgot Me and Shilo Mike, lol!!!! Go ahead and put me down but as always I won't know til the 9th of July. We can do the parade as well.
Old 03-28-2011, 07:46 AM

I'll be there! I will drive through the parade 2 if there is enuff room. Can you post the address where we are going to meet?
Old 03-28-2011, 07:47 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

If i can make it ill be in the parade.
Old 03-28-2011, 04:15 PM
COME ON...ONE TIME!!

ok, map is up.

The address where my mos house is is 100 Cullipher st, Saluda NC 28773(its the ONLY house on the street. hard to miss. its right downtown.

Ok, I have added JD and Strokin.
Strokin, I forgot your name, so I will change it once I know your name. SOrry. LOL

If we get TONS of people wanting to put their trucks in, we may have to have a vote, or some of you might not get the chance. We'll cross that bridge if we get there. I would say no more than 8-10 trucks at most.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.