5th wheel hitch installed - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Camping/RV's Discuss camping, RV equipment and locations.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-2009, 06:57 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
5th wheel hitch installed

I had been calling to get prices on having a 5th wheel hitch installed. All the prices I got were between $1400 and $1500 for parts and labor. I know they are saying the economy is turning around but Jeeze! I went on Etrailer's site and found the hitch and custom install kit for my truck for $700 and change. I ordered it and got a call from Etrailer telling me that the install kit was on back order. Kudo's to Etrailer! They could have just kept me waiting since I had already paid them. Instead, they offered to hold my order and see if I could find my parts elsewhere. I called Tweety's RV and they had the parts but the price was about $300 more. Their disclaimer says "lowest Price Guarantee" so I call them on it. Sure enough, they honor the price and deliver the parts in three business days. Only problem was one 60 cent bolt missing out of the broken bag (I'll blame UPS since the one box was there but the parts were completely out of it!). Called my buddy, went to the garage and 3 hours later, were were having beers! A little stressful not knowing what I was in for and we are going camping Friday! I gotta say, if you are looking for a hitch and have access to some very basic tools and a buddy to help, save yourself $700 or $800 and do it yourself. It is real easy. The only advise I have is to gat the damn drill bits before hand so you don't have to run to the store midway! Oh yeah, one more shout out to Etrailer and Tweety's!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-13-2009, 12:15 PM
Super Moderator

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Mine was $800 (parts/Labor), but I also bought my 5er from them. So maybe I got a discount for buying everything from them.

Sounds like a good deal - Especially the beer part -
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.