Boat and Rv pricing and sales help offered. - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Camping/RV's Discuss camping, RV equipment and locations.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-14-2009, 08:58 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Boat and Rv pricing and sales help offered.

As some of y'all know and most of the Texas clan knows, I have been in the boat and Rv business for over 9 years now. I have seen and done most everything in this industry. My specialty is buying/selling/pricing and technical information.
I currently am starting a website in a different industry but have plans to start a boat help forum/website this year. My reason for telling y'all this is I have never offered my vast knowledge for our members benefits and want to do so now. I have visited most large manufactures in this industry. Know how things are made/priced/devalued and so on.
If any of you have any questions now or in the future on buying/selling or what to look for in a used boat /rv or anything relevant to these industry's. Please feel free to ask.
I have always offered what I can to our members in regards to the unbelievably wonderful 6.0L Power-stroke. But never thought to offer what I know best.

Pm or post anytime
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-15-2009, 01:09 AM

ok, looking for a "decent" camper. can be travel trailer or 5th wheel, doesn't matter. HAS to have bunks for kids. No need for top notch as I'm not sure the wife will like camping every other weekend (maybe trade up next year if she likes it). What direction would you steer me in? I know, very vague, but that's all I got.
Old 04-15-2009, 01:23 AM

jayco kiwi has for bunks in the back. front has 2 separate beds. great bumper pull trailer.
Old 04-15-2009, 03:26 AM
COLLEGE KID

Send a message via AIM to lifewitlooie
Thanks for posting. My dad is going to retire in a couple years and wants to give the road a shot for about six months. I need to help him find some kind of suitable transportation. He is thinking one of those conversion vans I am not sure the technical name. Ill keep you in mind

Lew
Old 04-15-2009, 06:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeLewis79 View Post
ok, looking for a "decent" camper. can be travel trailer or 5th wheel, doesn't matter. HAS to have bunks for kids. No need for top notch as I'm not sure the wife will like camping every other weekend (maybe trade up next year if she likes it). What direction would you steer me in? I know, very vague, but that's all I got.
As the guy above mentioned, Pop ups are a good way to go or hybrids (The kiwi is a hybrid) Hard side trailer with canvas pop outs. They are small, Light and easy to store. The one consistent negative feedback I get on pop ups is the ability to pack them. You have to crank up, Pack and crank back down. If that would not bother you, Go that route. Pop ups depreciate 4 times faster than travel trailers because of the canvas. So find something 3-5 years old. Look over all the canvas and let me know what you find. We can go into details at that time.
You can also find a nice 4-6 year old Travel trailer. The only kicker right now is allot of manufactures went out of business. Banks will not Finance a 4 year old or newer coach if the manufacture is not still producing.
Let me know if this helped.
Old 04-15-2009, 06:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifewitlooie View Post
Thanks for posting. My dad is going to retire in a couple years and wants to give the road a shot for about six months. I need to help him find some kind of suitable transportation. He is thinking one of those conversion vans I am not sure the technical name. Ill keep you in mind

Lew
Class B.
Old 04-22-2009, 04:50 PM
Still Alive

Send a message via Skype™ to westcoaststrokin
Wish I would have seen this thread this morning. But here you go to the one I started.

Good Deal?
Old 04-22-2009, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoaststrokin View Post
Wish I would have seen this thread this morning. But here you go to the one I started.

Good Deal?
It's worth about 10-11K. I just sold a NEW 2008 Sprinter 249RK but it was Alum frame and bonded wall w/ fiberglass exterior for 18,700 and tax.

Work them to 11K or pass.
Old 04-22-2009, 04:56 PM

I have been a Sprinter dealer since 99. Good coaches and Keystone is very strong right now.
Stay away from Fleetwood for now, They are good products but done in this industry.
Old 04-22-2009, 05:07 PM
Still Alive

Send a message via Skype™ to westcoaststrokin
Let see if this link works. I am looking at the second one down it is a crossroads. Clear Creek RV Center

That is the right one in the link.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.